My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up a Troy Built Pony rear tinine tiller. Got it for $10 because it had a blown engine. I got the same engine for it $20 running. I changed out the engines. Now that I have the engine on and everything the way it came off the other engine Im having some troubles. When trying to till it pulls me across the yard. Thats with the tinines running forward. Why is this? It even does this with dirt that has already been tilled up. I have watch youtube videos and seen you can till up unbroken ground with it and it not pull them across their yard. Please help need to get my garden going.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You may have the tines set to deep, not being familiar with the Pony, does it have hi/lo shifter & the ability to move belts on the pulley at the engine?

Ronnie

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Are your wheels working under power? In other words, does the machine move it's self on the tire?

If the power to the wheels is working correctly, then the wheel should hold the tiller back and let the tines work without dragging you around.

Other than that, less depth, and never push down on the handles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depending on your machine's options...

1. Drive wheels in gear, forward, slow speed (F1 gear)
2. Tines engaged, slow speed, reverse direction
3. Pull the engagement handle and lower the tines until your drag bar bottoms out.
4. Till away!

If you're in forward gear with tines forward and trying to break-up hard sod-covered ground with a deep cut, she'll certainly take you for a ride!

If you're not sure...
...make sure your kids/pets/trucks are out of the way of the tiller path
...make sure you've got a kill switch on the bars
...BE CAREFUL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts