My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
yes that chicken manure is good stuff just need to be careful of how much you use around plants it will kill if too much is applied. Weather guy says high 30s sunday morning hope there is no frost. Just unreal this is may usually after april 15 we are good to plant anything

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
L o o s e marbles,

You get more crop in a crooked row.

Dang, I'm a wanting one of these and I don't have a garden.

My son does a lot of gardening but it's 60 miles away.

CCMoe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ha ha once it started going crooked on that last row. I couldn’t get it straightened out. Got the Briggs off my other Troy. My Honda engine and new tines will be in tomorrow. It was to bad getting the engine off. The only trouble I had was the crank bolt. I couldn’t get it past the spring plunger. So I took that completely out. Probably catch the devil getting it compressed to get the keeper back on. The pulley was stuck pretty good. But a good drowning in PB blaster took care of that. I see people drive the pins out. But these are pretty stuck in there. Now I know how it comes out putting it back in should be easy. The old Briggs will be overhauled one day as a future project.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ha ha once it started going crooked on that last row. I couldn’t get it straightened out. Got the Briggs off my other Troy. My Honda engine and new tines will be in tomorrow. It was to bad getting the engine off. The only trouble I had was the crank bolt. I couldn’t get it past the spring plunger. So I took that completely out. Probably catch the devil getting it compressed to get the keeper back on. The pulley was stuck pretty good. But a good drowning in PB blaster took care of that. I see people drive the pins out. But these are pretty stuck in there. Now I know how it comes out putting it back in should be easy. The old Briggs will be overhauled one day as a future project.
Just Curious, L/M, where did you order your tines? I got a set from CustomPartsInc.com for about $130, including shipping, but I see now they took a heck of a jump in price. If I read their ad correctly, they've made Bolo tines for Troy-Bilt, for years.They also offer a "Hard Surfaced" tine for more $. Mine look identical to the tines that were on the machine when I bought it, less the wear. Since this is new to me, I'll wait and see what kind of wear I get out of these?

·
Joe
1,209 Posts
Just Curious, L/M, where did you order your tines? I got a set from CustomPartsInc.com for about $130, including shipping, but I see now they took a heck of a jump in price. If I read their ad correctly, they've made Bolo tines for Troy-Bilt, for years.They also offer a "Hard Surfaced" tine for more $. Mine look identical to the tines that were on the machine when I bought it, less the wear. Since this is new to me, I'll wait and see what kind of wear I get out of these?
Tines here. Troy Bilt Replacement Tiller Tines – Better Than Originals

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Small engine warehouse is where I ordered my parts. They were $99.
Item
Qty​
UOM​
Rate​
Tax​
Amount​
BOLT & WASHER Wisconsin Engine Parts, Wisconsin
Download Owners Manual
1​
Ea​
$1.90​
Yes​
$1.90​
Tines-Troy-1901118
Set of Tines for Troy Bilt Horse & Pony Tillers, 8 of each side, TR 1901118, B145046 Troy-Bilt Tiller Parts
1​
Ea​
$99.00​
Yes​
$99.00​
GX200QX
5.5hp Horizontal 3/4"x2 5/16" Keyed Shaft, OHV, Recoil Start, Cast Iron Sleeve, (Red/White) Low Oil Shutdown Honda Engine, Honda
Honda 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Download Owners Manual
1​
Ea​
$295.00​
Yes​
$295.00

·
Registered
117 Posts
Correct. It is a 4 speed though I have never used the higher speed setting on any of my Horse tillers. That belt is always on the pulley set closest to the operator and I always till in lo range as well.
Joe,
I know what you mean there, for sure. At 67, with COPD, I know mine will always be in the low range / low speed mode.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I can’t imagine tilling in high range especially if you are an olde person. This other Troy Bilt tiller I have has the little lever that puts the tines in gear. Still new to me I left the tines engaged and wheels in neutral. That thing took off like a full blown dragster. I was able to stop it in about 20 ft. After that little scenario I went inside sat down and my day was done.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can’t imagine tilling in high range especially if you are an olde person. This other Troy Bilt tiller I have has the little lever that puts the tines in gear. Still new to me I left the tines engaged and wheels in neutral. That thing took off like a full blown dragster. I was able to stop it in about 20 ft. After that little scenario I went inside sat down and my day was done.
You've got the PTO Horse. From what I've read and heard, they built other attachments for that model. I know they made a wood splitter, a generator and a chipper. Not sure if there were other items? Someone that knows more about them than I do can tell you more, but I understand it is quite easy to drop an attachment, and hook up another and be on your way to another chore. I know it likely wasn't funny at the time, but I got a chuckle out of the thought of a guy chasing his roto-tiller across his yard. I can see why you called it a day on that one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Termite you are correct on the attachments. They Just don’t build them like that anymore or anything else as a matter of fact. A friend of mine found another horse tiller. It belongs to a 89 year old later husband died a few years back. Tiller been inside the shed for about 4 or 5 years. He knows her pretty well and said she will probably give it to him. And I’m return he will give it to me for some veggies out of my garden. Not that bad of a trade if this weather ever cooperates.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Termite you are correct on the attachments. They Just don’t build them like that anymore or anything else as a matter of fact. A friend of mine found another horse tiller. It belongs to a 89 year old later husband died a few years back. Tiller been inside the shed for about 4 or 5 years. He knows her pretty well and said she will probably give it to him. And I’m return he will give it to me for some veggies out of my garden. Not that bad of a trade if this weather ever cooperates.
Sounds like a sweet deal. You better be careful, though. Pretty soon you're gonna have a whole stable full of them Horses. LOL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah my better half keeps questioning me. Why do we need all those tillers. I said it’s a man thing. Just like all those shoes you have in the closet. You only have two feet then the fight started.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well I got it up and running with a new Honda engine. Out new tines on it man what a difference. Thinking about throwing a little paint on it. It looks good Just like it is to me. I don’t have reverse still trying to figure it out. Maybe the set up with the new engine has something to do with it. I ending up with two hillers that came with them. They do a real good Job of plowing and setting up my rows. I tilled rowed and planted about a half acre with it. Took the old Briggs to the shop and see if they can get it to run correctly. I don’t have the time or patience right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well I got a few days off from work and decided to paint the old tiller. I sanded primed and painted her up. It’s no show queen it’s made for work. I think it turned out pretty good. Found some GL-1 at my local Na
95536207-DC74-4478-B9D7-599036908F6B.jpeg
45B872D1-2903-45F0-9B6A-FF7335B0A894.jpeg
44C4E46E-A4AC-416F-8AED-15399ED9F7FD.jpeg
22A2FC34-99EF-402D-8581-73AB9CCD1D01.jpeg
AB153589-4730-4712-8EC1-855B52DB31BB.jpeg
pa and changed it. Going to get started on my other tiller soon.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts