My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My brother-in-law got this tiller from his mom a few weeks ago. It has been stored in a shed for the last 6years or so. It is in really good shape but needs a little TLC. We pulled the gas tank and carb off and cleaned them up really good since it was stored with gas in the tank. Also put a carb kit on it. We put it all back together and got it to start, but it wouldnt stay started. So I pulled the tank back off and took off what I think is the tube-pickup, or inline filter. It was all gummed up. I cleaned it up really good and at least got it to where it would flow again. The problem is that one of the mechanical arms came off and I cannot figure out how in the world it goes back on. I believe it is the Link-Mechanical Governor. So, my question is.. Can anyone tell me how this attaches back to the carb? Or, can anyone take a pic of theirs to show me how it is attached? We attached it like we thought it should be, but it obviously was not right since it prevented the carb from being lined up with gasket and mounting holes in the motor. Any ideas??

Troy Bilt Pony
Model #130292
Type #3220-01
Code #89121207

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the carb that I found.. The governor rod I am referring to is on the lower right-hand side..

Attachments

·
Superdave!
70 Posts
Hmmm the only thing I can think of is where the rod attaches below is wrong. The carb. linkage looks right to me.
I couldn't do anything with those numbers but they look like Briggs and Stratton numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help. It is definitely a B&S engine. I just need some help figuring out where the rod attaches to. Actually, I think I know where it attaches to, but how to put it on there is what I cant figure out...

·
Superdave!
70 Posts
Well I'm not sure if this will help or not, but try removing the rod from the carb, attach the other end to the engine first. Then maybe you can rotate the carb. and hook it back up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to go at it again. The problem is getting the rod positioned right. We could really only get it positioned with ease a couple of different ways, even when disconnecting it from the carb. Everytime we did this though, we were not able to attach the carb back to the engine because the arm was in the way. We obviously did not have the arm on properly, but we are stumped as to exactly how it goes back on.. I might wind up having to take it in and get it looked at, but I was trying to avoid that!

·
Superdave!
70 Posts
The only other thing i can think of, is removing that bolt (screw?) and remove the linkage from the carb.(shrug):banghead3

Maybe more pictures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts