My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My field coil on my Troy Bilt has failed. Does anyone know where I can get this part 1754151? It was used on many tractors.

If I can't get a replacement doews anyone know who coudl rebuild one?

Thanks for any help.

John

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome John, good to have you with us and sorry to hear you are having issues with your TB, hopefully some of the guys will be along with some advice, so keep checking in here :).

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Checked all the resources I had at hand for online suppliers, and everything on that part # is coming up "no longer available". Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
53 Posts
From a quick Google search I read it was manufactured by GardenWay and they went bankrupt.
As others said before me: All trails lead to the big "unavailable".

MTD lists it as "No longer available"

Apparently it was a $250 part, so that's quite a chunk of change to drop into a used machine. I suspect your only option is finding a used one. It was widely used, so probably a shop would have one in it's graveyard of junked machines. Try e-bay also....Ya just never know.

I feel for you, buddy. Sucks when this stuff happens.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wow! There's been quite a run on these coils lately. You're at least the fifth or sixth person on the forum to loose one in the last couple of months. Check through a few of the threads on the Bolens sub-forum (Troy-bilt/Garden Way tractors were Bolens designs) for more info.

I lost my coil about a month and half ago and went through all the online sources. There are always a few complete PTO assy's on Ebay but they are over $700. There was a used coil on there as well with no idea of whether it was good or bad as the seller wouldn't even give a resistance reading that went for $75. Sunny's didn't have the coils at the time and didn't know if they would be getting any more in though it would be a good idea the check with them if you can get anyone to answer the phone. I ended up buying my coil from member BHTS on here. It was the last one he had but he is trying to track down some more for several other members.

Check this thread:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=144983

Good Luck:thThumbsU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts