My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am replacing the o rings and gaskets on my K91. I am following the manual as well as two YouTube videos.
I thought I was making good progress, but cannot seem to get the motor case off. I removed 2 snap rings and the 5 bolts. Am able to pull the case a little bit away from the charge pump, but not enough to get my fingers in. This seems really stubborn to the point I have to have missed something.

Any thoughts? Seems like the bearing stays out in the removal. Am I wrong?
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
621 Posts
Try working it back and forth, maybe gentle prying, I never removed mine when I had to replace the spider gears back in the late 90s so even though I was deep into the axle I never touched the hydraulics

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind, of course, try something forever without success. Ask for help and it immediately comes off. Must be slacking on my Wheaties.
Thanks Dancer for confirming I just need to work harder.

·
Registered
621 Posts
No problem, we have all been there

Reactions: ivel03

·
Registered
621 Posts
Slide it back and use some wet and dry sand paper on the shaft, probably a slight burr stopping it from sliding off. 360 grit or similar should do it

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I actually got some out and thought "here goes nothing" and it worked.

When removing the case this popped out, so trying to figure out what and where it goes.
Brown Wood Grey Metal Concrete

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like a "shaft key" to me. Do you see any shafts with a groove in them and a matching groove in a part that slides over the shaft? If so, the part in the picture is most likely the "key" that keeps these 2 parts aligned correctly.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Called a woodruff key and locks the oil pump/ motor gear to the shaft. Don’t forget to put it back in or you will not move

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The small washer a small snap ring are all that is left but I’m puzzled how they go in the motor case. I’ve been at his all day, what am I missing?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
621 Posts
You missed something and will have to carefully look at the JD parts catalog to see what was left out of the build. The Factory service manual might provide a clue if you have it. Unfortunatly I am on the road until just before Memorila Day and can't send the sections of the manual you might need. Look on Tuff Torq's web sit and down load the K92 manual, I am told it is almost identical to the K91 and could be all you need to finish up the Job. If it was me, i would quit for the night and get a fresh start tomorrow.

·
Three of my friends
9,573 Posts
Delete

1 - 15 of 15 Posts