My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has had trouble getting attachments for their cub? I've had my 3225 for about a month now. When I bought the machine, it didn't have a mowing deck. The dealer ordered a 54" mower and a hydraulic lift front hitch & hydraulic angle kit as well at the time of purchase. They were told by his distributor that it would take 2 weeks to get. After the 2 weeks were up, the distributor said that they had to order it from the factory. Now it's been 4 weeks and the distributor claims the factory isn't giving them a ship date. Does this sound reasonable? How long should it take to get a mowing deck and a couple of attachments?

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
That dont sound right to me. He couldnt order it from another dealer or can you get it from another dealer?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did receive your e-mail. Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
:fing32:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I finally received my mowing deck, front hitch and angling kit from my dealer. Too bad I didn't know that the deck doesn't come with the front lift bracket, I kind of assumed that it would. It did have a driveshaft thankfully. I guess the bracket came with the tractor, but the dealer lost it before they sold me the tractor. They took it off when they mounted the tiller and I guess the service guy that mounted the tiller (they don't remember who that was) lost the thing. So, now I've got two decks and I can't mount either one. Now they are looking for it and/or ordering a new one. Tried to find someone who has one in stock, but no one does.

ROF

At least I can use the tractor for tilling, scraping and pulling my lawn cart. I think I'll just start driving over the weeds & grass until they get smashed down.

:banghead3

The dealer felt really bad and started giving me stuff. They gave me a can of yellow cub paint, a gallon of synthetic hydro oil, a bunch of various cub brackets and parts that they found laying around and some other stuff.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You have been very patient with them...it kinda sounds like comedy show there but without the humor? You can get the deck hanger quickly online or through other channels. Have your dealer buy it for you :)

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
I hate to hear that :fing20: Like Duc said you have been very patient. But at least you have got alot of free stuff out of it. If it would have been me the way my luck goes i would still be waiting and they wouldn't have given me jack. I hope your front lift bracket comes in soon.

·
Registered
790 Posts
sorry we had used the bracket we had for a repair....I have to put in another parts order today........we would have by tues/wed.....could overnite to you then.OR.......we can get over nite to have Mon,but its $$.....Seems like your guys could do the same.The distributor out there could get it done. Sure has gone on LONG enough.
Just email me you have the address.

Sometimes troubles are like bananas....they come in bunches. :fing20:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the distributor is saying two weeks to get the deck hangar, I'm out of patience. It is on order, but I don't have any confidence that I'll see it in two weeks or even a month. I sent you an e-mail NeilNassauEquipment I'll order it from you and get this thing done, all the details are in my e-mail.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Looks like Monday was a typically clogged day......so far, as of 7:45pm......order is still in processing stage.....so looks like shipping will be Tues to us.2nd day into us will be Thursday. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks good Neil,thanks for taking care of it! I've got it mosly hooked up now so I'll post some pics later and mowing results.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Neil,

Got the mower going, have mowed with it twice now. The day after I got it hooked up I threw my back out and wasn't able to do any work.

It mows REALLY well. I drove through 4' tall weeds with no problem. The side discharge is very powerful, throws the clippings 15+ feet. I was able to pile them about 12" deep with the discharge by driving in circles to make a pile. It bogged down once when I drove over a foot deep pile of clippings and the discharge chute was clogged.

I got stuck with the machine for the first time, got high centered on the mowing deck. Forgot about the low clearance.

I found that the lift cylinder doesn't lift the deck very well, I think it has air in the line. If I pull up on the deck while I exercise the cylinder it comes all the way up. It seems to be improving, but I don't know how to fully purge the cylinder of air.

I'll post some pics this weekend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts