My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out their done the tricycle front end conversion on a suburban? Im building either an SS16 or a 18T roper(GT18 sears)....Ive got both to work with...Im hoping to have it atleast usable by Sept4th cause thats the tractor thats local to me and their featuring SEARS lawn and garden tractors!!!! Just wanted to see if anyone out their has done it so I can get some ideas, ive already got the axle tube(resembles a deere tube but mines different and its shorter).....Im hoping since its shorter it will return the frontend down to where it kinda was....I drove my uncles 110 deere thats a tricycle front end and i DO NOT like how it drive..WOW i didnt like that, i hope when mines done i like it....

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
I did it... I used a rear axle differencel for my steering shaft. This made it so when I turned my steering wheel to the right my wheels also went to the right...

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks..Im just gonna do like the deere guys usually do, and bend the tire rod around the axle tube to make it steer right.. this tractor aint gonna be no daily driver so nothing fancy is needed, she will be shot with a nice paint job and sit prolly 99% of the time....

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill have to find my camera and snap a shot of the setup i have so far, and then kinda "set" it under the tractor for another shot.....I dont like my uncles deere he has done, but it looks good...Im also hoping to be able and use the front slider!!!!! I know I cant use the deck but i can maybe slide a plow in it for looks or even the front weight or something!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Are you gonna do a single front tire or two in the middle like a narrow front end big tractor? I found this pic on weekend freedom machines. This would look cool!!

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yed doing the twin fronts like that..tossed the single around but I like the 2 front better....Building it almost just like that....hoping to make it so I can use the front slider when Im done!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Sweet! I can't wait to see it!

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok took the dive today...I cut the front axle mount(well most of it) out of the 18T roper today....well its an 18T roper frame, but its gonna be powered by a 16hp onan from an SS16.....Ive go the spindle assemble losely bolted in and waiting to make the shaft with the wheel mount...I know I NEED pics.....Ill try to get some tomorrow when I start again!!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Ok took the dive today...I cut the front axle mount(well most of it) out of the 18T roper today....well its an 18T roper frame, but its gonna be powered by a 16hp onan from an SS16.....Ive go the spindle assemble losely bolted in and waiting to make the shaft with the wheel mount...I know I NEED pics.....Ill try to get some tomorrow when I start again!!!
If you need a spare twin front end, i got one kicking around I am not using now :ROF LOL !!!! Seriously, another frame i have with no motor now :ROF

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
You gonna do a rollomatic frontend?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i got a gear box off one of them little RER green machines. belt in, chain out. 90*. hi/lo, or reverse. seems to me it'd make a fine steering box.

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know enough about the JD roll a matic front end to even try and duplicate it...Id LOVE to but I cant....Im just gonna modify the tire rod to bend around and hook up to the axle for steering...thats how 99% of the deere guys do it so it should work for me!!!! Ive got it all mocked up today and MAN it looks SWEEEEET(im gonna get my buddy to come snap some shots cause my camera is MIA)...somehow I lucked out and got the frame to sit LEVEL!!! Just like it did factory!!! WOW!!!!

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK!!! heres the LONG awaited pics!!!! Im gonna post one for now and then come back and shrink the rest down and post them all....

Attachments

·
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok this is 2 more shots. I got 2 more but I think these are the best of all the shots....Other 2 are very similar.....Ill get more as I get it more assembled!!!

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Ok this is 2 more shots. I got 2 more but I think these are the best of all the shots....Other 2 are very similar.....Ill get more as I get it more assembled!!!
thats freaking sweet

1 - 20 of 57 Posts