My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put them on the front of my 175. Does anybody know where the best place to get them is? I've seen some on ebay but I'm uncertain with their measurements that they list for example "3.5-6". Is that width and rim? My current tires are 15x6-6. Any help would be appreciated.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
A 3.5-6 tire would have a 3.5" cross sectional width, and a 3.5" sidewall height, and be for a 6" diameter rim. Overall diameter would be 3.5+3.5+6 or 13 inches plus the tread which would bring you pretty close to the 15 inches or your stock tire. I think these might be a bit narrow for your rim.

A 4.00-6 may be closer to what you need. I would suggest measuring your rim width and contacting M.E. Miller Tire Co.
http://www.millertire.com/

One word of caution on the tri-ribs. They will chew up turf when it's wet, or when you make tight turns at higher ground speeds.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
I'm using tri-ribs on my 318LGT Ingersoll and I really like the way they dig in the sod when cornering, no front end slide. However they tear up the yard. I've went back to using the standard tire for the LGT and use the tri-ribs in the snow with the snowblower. slkpk

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I say try the v61s 5 ribs from these guys http://www.vredesteintire.com/, if you think that lawn damage maybe a problem. They aren't as harsh on the lawn as the tri rib during sharp cornering or moist or wet lawn conditions, and they steer like a champ.

Both are equally good in their own respects.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Theo,
Are you telling me I paid way too much for my Tri-Ribs? Mine are Firestone versus Vredestein, but the Vredesteins are way cheaper.

I didn't see a price on the V61s, but if they are similarly much cheaper than the other sources, I might have to place an order.

·
Super Moderator
17,829 Posts
Well I followed midnitetr8n lead and bought some Vredestein tire's for the front of my 140H3. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it for grass, but for ice some people put a loop of #40 gear chain around their turf savers.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Hey Sergeant, congrats on the purchase. I still can't stop driving 318 around the yard, and for no other reason than the ride.

D-Dogg I paid $57.18 ea plus $17.36 for shipping for a total of $131.72 for my set of 6 ply V61s. Shipping only took 3 days from the date of my order. Now I don't know how that compares to the price of your tri-ribs but these guys were definitely lower than the prices others were charging, even for the 4 plys. And remember I have the larger 18x850x8.

I have a real marshy area that I tested them in and they just seemed to float right over everything instead of sinking in. And steering was still just as good as it was on dry land.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the answers. I didn't think a whole lot about them tearing up the yard but i guess they will and I'm mostly going to be mowing with this unit so I'm thinkin the 5 rib might be suitable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts