My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first thing you know old Jeds a millionaire ...
Kin folk said we need to get away from here...
Said California is the place we ought a be...
So they packed up there bags and moved the MTD...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not too smart imo, but.............:ROF

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
looks like you caught my brother in action,looks like he borrowed another of our brothers cars again.........

·
Janitor at Large
5,624 Posts
I would have put it in the other direction....with the front wheels up on the roof......Much more stable. Might cut down a bit on the aerodynamics though.....:goodl:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
OMG, Caseman, when did you make a visit to WV to photograph my neighbor??

:sidelaugh :sidelaugh :sidelaugh

Reminds me of Ray Stevens. Coy! This here's Bubba. Just how did you get that big Harley up on the high dive? Quit revving it up boy!

·
Registered
406 Posts
He fer got to cipher the grass cut'n done cheap sign on the door

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I'd liked to have seen them load and unload it.

I wonder if they drove it on the plywood, then everybody grabbed a corner and just lifted it?.

He's taking it to trade on a 2320 JD. Get a pic of him bringing that one home.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I think it is real. Look at the way the rear of the car is squatted. I agree, funny as heck.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'd liked to have seen them load and unload it.

I wonder if they drove it on the plywood, then everybody grabbed a corner and just lifted it?.

He's taking it to trade on a 2320 JD. Get a pic of him bringing that one home.
How do you think newt92 got his new tractor home?:hide: :sidelaugh :sidelaugh

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Looks to be driving on a 3-lane divided highway, center lane, so I'm assuming he's up to a good 55 mph or more. Can you imagine what kind of pileup would occur behind him if that thing fell off at speed?

This is what we need highway patrol for.., not for ticketing common citizens going 5 mph over the limit. But for pulling these geniuses over and making them come back for it with a trailer, or at least a buddy's pickup.

At least he wasn't trying to tow it... just pop the trunk lid and hang the two front wheels in the trunk, the two rears on the highway, and off you go!:00000060:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well I wouldn't do it, but at leat he has it strapped down.Not a tractor but this is the worse one I've seen.
OMG! Thank you for this pic. As soon as I saw the tractor on the trunk I thought of this one. I used to have a link to this pic with the story. That load of plywood would put a hurtin' on a lot of pickups. But it's what you don't see that's even better. Along with this load inside the car and trunk are supposed to be 20 bags of concrete mix. The home depot refused to load it and made them sign a waiver. They hit the 1st bump and drove the rear struts clean through the inner fenders. Just too funny. Heres your sign!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The other day, I saw a 4wheeler atv on the roof of a car only there were two wheels resting on the back window. I couldnt look long enough to see if a strap loosened and it shifted or if he loaded it that way. I thought to myself I hope he dont hit a speedbump.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
The scary part is that this kind of activity is much more common than we think. I was at Home Depot the other day to buy some landscaping blocks. When I said I wanted a whole pallet (320 blocks, 2100 lbs), the guy looked at me funny and asked what I was driving. I have a 1-ton dually, so no problem.

He said people come in all the time and overload their cars, minivans and compact pickups with bags of cement, fertilizer, blocks, etc. The Depot guy said they are not allowed to help load the items if it overloads the vehicle, and won't sell it unless the buyer signs a waiver saying HD has warned them and that HD isn't liable.

I saw a Mazda B-2000 pickup the other day, bed loaded to the rails with roofing shingles. Must have been a whole square. The rear bumper was only a couple of inches off the ground. There were three guys in the cab and two sitting on top of the shingles. None of them looked like they were Isaac Newton or understood any of his principles.

Even with a big truck, you have to be careful. They couldn't slide the pallet of blocks far enough into my truck bed, it was sitting behind the rear axle. We had to break the pallet straps and move most of the pallet one block at a time to the front of the bed. I've had heavier loads, but only one or two. It really squatted the truck down.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,448 Posts
That's nothing compared to what I've seen done--I know a guy who likes his beer,that will tow ANYTHING...one time he hauled a caddilac to New England Dragway,100+ miles away,on a homebuilt CRUDE dead axled car trailer--with a '65 Ford F100 with a 240 six,three on the tree--his trailer ball nut stripped when he tried tightening it,so he left it loose,and simply clamped a pair of vise grips on the shank!..to my amazement,he made it there AND back,no troubles,even went right through the tunnels in Boston (and consumed a case of beer all the while too!)..

That was his SECOND BEST feat though..one day he brought a Case 580 backhoe to a friends house to take the thing apart to fix something that was wrong with it...well,after it sat there for months with the hoe off it,and he didn't do any work,the friend gets aggravated,tells him :"fix it ,or get it the **** out of my yard!"..so he backs a Ford F-250 4x4 diesel he had at the time up to the rear of the backhoe,and his step and tow bumper happened to align with the plates the backhoe was pinned onto--so he dropped a 1/2" Craftsman breaker bar through the plates an the hole where you'd put a trailer ball on his bumper,and drove away with it...went 6 miles right down a state highway at 25 mph with it,and actually made it home,without it causing a crash ,coming loosr,OR getting caught by the cops!..and he had drank a 6 pack at least too,before leaving for home...my friend said he tought he was insane,it was swerving back and forth so bad,he didn't see how cars coming the other way were able to miss the backhoe!..but he was just glad to have it out of his yard!.

I saw a '66 Dodge Corenet with no motor or tranny hauled to a swap meet on a D-100 Pickup with a crude flat bed about 9' long--it was too short for the cars wheels to fit on,so they bolted two 2x10" planks to the plywood flatbed and the 4x4" crossmembers,to "extend" the bed three more feet!--the rear wheels were at least 3' from the end of the bed,and th planks were bowing up and down like banannas--a cop directing traffic just shook his head when they pulled out of the parking lot with it--then waved over twi guys i a 77 Impala that had a 90's Chevy pickup bed on the roof upside down,with jumper cables and their two HANDS holding it in place,they were just going to drive home with it like that!..people are really STUPID sometimes!..too bad thy often pull stunts like these and nothing bad happens,it only makes them more brazen to do something WORSE next time...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts