My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff,
In one of your posts you stated the rearend was a Crosely transmission without the syncro on a 72'. My 78' has a Borg-Warner trans and a Dana Rearend(from manual) Do you know what models have my parts. also you stated you had a list of folks who sold used parts, could a possibly get a copy of that? [email protected]
thanks so much
steve

·
Still plays with tractors
2,284 Posts
T92 transmission, right? That's out of the Crosely. Yes, the Dana rear end is correct for that tractor and many of them starting in the 60s. Any PK from about 73 to around 84 (last of the metal body) should be innerchangable for parts with a few exceptions. I will send you this list of suppliers off line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Jeff & Steve;
The T-92 transmission , to the best of my knowledge, was made by Borg-Warner. It was used extensivly in the Crosley car, but it was also used in many other applications both during and after WW II.
The Dana rear end came in sometime in the 60's I believe. prior to that the Ford model T(?) rearend was used.

Bill

·
2,284 Posts
Right Bill, that's what I was eluding to. I guess I should have be more specific.

Hey, welcome aboard! Maybe you can do some fishin while you're here. This is a great bunch of PK guys here.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Jeff for the info, and everyone else. I'm a newb to these tractors(wheel Horse man) boy are they built strong. The only thing so far which I dont like is the hydro belt changing. Pulling apart the drive train to change belts is a bit much.
steve

·
2,284 Posts
That's why we put two belts on when we have to change one. We tie the spare up away from the clutch flywheel for when the first one breaks. Put two belts on and you'll probably never have to pull it apart again unless something goes with your clutch.

I'm a Wheelhorse guy too. I have a 54 Pond but I guess you know that from my signature.:duh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff,
thats a great idea on the belts. I'd have to tie up 2 belts as mine uses a 2 pully danfoss hydo pump.

steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts