My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 tractors with transmission stuck, the first one 7010 is locked and you can't move rear axle. I think stuck in 2 gears. The second one is 7014 is stuck in one gear and can't switch. Both tractors you can move the shifters on. These both have the same transmission with the hi/lo belt setups. Any suggestions please. I don't want to have to totally split the transmisison if I don't have to.

Thanks
Theront

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
It sounds like the shift lever has come out of the shift forks. Does it move too easily? I'm not familiar with these trannys - do they have a cover on top that the shifter goes into? If so, remove the cover, move the shift forks to neutral, replace the cover, and you're done. You might want to check for worn parts while the cover is off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no cover have to completely split the trans into two halves. That is why I am searching for some answers before tackling this. It looks to be pretty messy to take apart.

Thanks
Theront

·
Registered
773 Posts
There is a method that many have used successfully that involves a bent screwdriver and the inspection hole. I have not done this personally, but will look and see if I can find the write up on it. No need to disassemble anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this method using the search, I haven't tried it yet it is for the 725 tractor. Physically the transmission is about the same shape, but not as many output shafts and pulleys.

Thanks
Theront

1 - 5 of 5 Posts