My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I soaked the engine (from the plugs) with diesel but does not want to loosen up.
I am debating where to take the whole angine out or just the head to do valves and inspect.
The transmission-engine shaft seems to free-wheel. Does it mean that something is wrong at the backengine coupling? How is that connected?
I would expect that would be a "hard" coupling meaning "connected" at all times to the back of the crankshaft.
Any iddeas?
Wilson

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
there should be a chan coupling on the shaft near the front of the transmission the shaft shoulf freewheel if the trans is in nuetral and clutch is disengaged

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there should be a chan coupling on the shaft near the front of the transmission the shaft shoulf freewheel if the trans is in nuetral and clutch is disengaged
I do not get it. If the clutch pedal is released (meaning no one is holding-it is not dis-engaged by steping on the pedal), with the transmission in neutral the interconnecting shaft from engine to trany should be locked to the crankshaft.
Now since I am not holding the clutch pedal down and the shaft is free-wheeling (trany is in neutral) then is the clutch broken? or stuck with the clutch plate-engine flywheel not pressing on the friction disk?
Wilson

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
my best guess would be the center of the clutch is tore out I"m sure theres one apart in the parts yard I'll have a look and see if I can get a couple pictures to explain it better

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
one pic of the sprockets on a 30 for the chain coupling the chain has been robbed for another tractor. to pull the engine just remove the chain and take bell housing and shaft with the engine. other pic is bell housing with shaft still in it off a 44 special but same idea as the 30

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one pic of the sprockets on a 30 for the chain coupling the chain has been robbed for another tractor. to pull the engine just remove the chain and take bell housing and shaft with the engine. other pic is bell housing with shaft still in it off a 44 special but same idea as the 30
Bear: Thanks a bunch, finally got it out. Broken clutch disk, rust everywhere and my vision no too good to see that the oil pan can get on the way in the fronts.
Thanks again.taking those picture took time....I appreciate it!,
Wilson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts