My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a friend who said he was experienced in fixing a broken transaxle link. He removed this part, I don’t think he put back in the right position

Is there a way to find the right position?

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
If you search for the owners manual for that model number, you should find an 'exploded' view of the parts, with different sections on different pages. You may be able to determine position based on those images.
The picture you posted gives little 'context' to even determine what the part is, where it is located, etc. My short take is it is attached to the transaxle, but exactly where on the trans I cannot tell.
If the control levers are attached and functional, the next thing to consider would be a mounting bracket or support. It does not appear to be connected to anything.
tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tom,
First thank you for the reply. The picture is the part that the linkage connects too and is connected to the transaxle. As you shifted it would shift through the gears but it was never aligned correctly. I am sorry, I tried to word the previous post to make sense but I failed. So the linkage broke again, I think the transaxle was not properly aligned. So a better question is, is there a way to know when the transaxle is in neutral and what position the mount that is connected to is should be?
Hope that makes more sense.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts