My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the first time i noticed this tranny noise, Most of the seat time i get i have a mp3 player blaring in my ears. Today wasnt the case. I hopped on my G110 and started it up the very split second i took the parking break off i hear this very faint whining noise. I idle up the RPMs and it gets louder. So i pulled the Tractor around and into the garage so i could take a closer look. With the deck removed i can get right under it. Hard part is the engine has to be running for me to hear it. So far i have it jacked up and wheels off so i could check the tranny fluid. I replaced the stock fluid with 10/30 Royal Purple about 3 months ago. I have'nt had any issues with it. The fluid is full and clean. Anyone had this problem before ? What area should i check next ? It only makes the noise when the break is off. This tractor goes up and down hills with ease and even with the noise driving around my house to the garage it pulls just like normal to me. I called the Dealer and they told me to check the Idelers ? All they do is spin right ? Forgive me i am still learning. Any advice on this would be great.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
All hydro trannys have a whine to them, some more than others. I'm really surprised your dealer did not mention that to you. If you still have good power with it sounds as if all is ok, if it was loosing power after running awhile, then I would be concerned. Things like this are hard to diagnose without being there, but to me it sounds like normal hydro whine. If as you are saying you usually have your mp3 player blaring then it explains why you have not heard this before :).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :)
I sure hope its nothing to worry about. I just sold my L130 and kept this G110 because of the way it handles my hills. I would be up a river if the tranny fails on me. I am going to replace the drive belt its due, and may look into new idlers just to be on the safe side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts