My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a utility trailer that I use to haul my "stuff" around and decided it needed an upgrade . It originally had the wheelbarrow style tires that always seem to sink in the soft/muddy ground and make the trailer seem unstable . Also , they just didn't seem to be able to handle loads as well as I liked .

So , was finally able to get some 3/4" stock to replace the "axle" that was to short to support the "new" tires . A few cuts and new spacers and was able to mount some tires I had from a scrapped tractor .

Seems to ride better now and handle loads better also without the tires "flattening out" like the old ones . And it also floats across the soft terrain instaed of sinking in .

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good idea.Thought about doing that to my old Red Devil yard cart too. Those skinny pizza cuters are just about worthless!

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Yer gonna need some mudflaps now! Good job!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks great and ought to handle a heavy load. slkpk

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Great idea and nice set-up , thanks for the picture !!!

Later,x595

·
15,000 +posts!
20,401 Posts
Another plus is you now have two spare tires and rims for your wheelbarrow!.
...those whellbarrow tires are like tubes with tread though,even a thorn pops them too easily,IMO--..
I grab any rims from whellbarrow tires I see in the tire pile at the dump and mount 400:480X8" trailer tires or turfs like yours on them and use them on the front of tractors or trailers,hand trucks,etc..being a bit skinnier rim makes the tire beads much less likely to get dislodged or any sticks and other crud wedged between the bead and rim,sort of a poor mans "beadlock"!..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts