My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2020 Cub Cadet XT1 Intellipower
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it a little early. I had borrowed a trailer to haul our mower to the dealer for a warranty repair. When it was ready I had trouble getting the trailer again so the wife told me to go buy one as my Christmas present. 5.5x10 with a mesh lock box. Perfect for a 42".
I swapped out the bias ply for radials. I drag it on the turnpike at high speeds so I feel safer with radials. I hit the boards with some Thompsons with stain
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Window

· Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,992 Posts
That must be a Carry-on. Looks exactly like mine, same size and all minus the lockbox. Best of luck with it.

Reactions: okiemower71

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That must be a Carry-on. Looks exactly like mine, same size and all minus the lockbox. Best of luck with it.
Yes it is. The welds are good but the finish is awful. Painted over weld spatter.
Fun fact: You can't buy a trailer on Sunday in OK. Some old laws out there need to be changed

· Premium Member
9,702 Posts
2000 lb trailer with 6000 lbs of rock also pushes a little. I don't pull very far or fast.
All pulled by a 1 ton truck with another 4000 lbs of rock.
All this brings up the point that total weight can over come brake capacity regardless of vehicle size.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
You may need to pack the bearings my buddy a trailer guy said the factory slaps the bearings in probably out of a plastic wrapper with grease in the bearings and the person putting it together trying to keep the grease off there fingers puts it in the hub and tightens the castel nut . This guy nos he sells and works on new trailers .

· Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
That's a beauty! Deck looks great with the Thommies on it. Congrats, all the best with it!

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You may need to pack the bearings my buddy a trailer guy said the factory slaps the bearings in probably out of a plastic wrapper with grease in the bearings and the person putting it together trying to keep the grease off there fingers puts it in the hub and tightens the castel nut . This guy nos he sells and works on new trailers .
Thanks for the tip. I had though about pulling the hubs just to make sure.

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That gate looks like mine . My dad gave me his trailer . He put some long garage door springs on the gate it helped alot on the weight .
I like that it folds in. I drive the mower all the way forward, lay in the gate and roll the mower back and use the gate as a stop. 2 good tie down straps and good to go with no air drag from the gate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.