My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started a thread on this trailer as my latest freebie. well now im almost done with it and figured id post pics start to finish.
it used to be a boat trailer which i got for free from a fella on CL.
i must say it really looks good behind the 990.

down to the frame and the enclosure tore off.

fenders off...wire wheeled...railings and initial paint

more paint...fenders put back on...and finally decked w/2x8

i was going to build a folding drop gate but i couldnt make it long enough without it sticking way up in the air...didnt want that. so i will be starting on a set of ramps which will end up 60".

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
nice trailer!! any idea on the capacity?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
nice tailer job well done

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Good design well executed. Shows talent and workmanship.

Mike

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fellas. not bad for a carpenter eh ?
Hugh....i believe it only has a 2000lbs. axle. but i know i can upgrade to a 3500lbs. in the future for around $100-$150.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good job, just and idea for a rear ramp gate. Make it so the it folds in the middle. That way it wouldn't have to be so high.

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally got my ramps built. trailer is done except for a new coupler. i want a 2" rather than a 1 7/8".
notice the hole in the top of the ramp on the right....there is a 3/8" nut welded behind that hole.

4 foot of 1" angle boxed on the ends and the middle to hook onto

my screw on ramp lock....couple washers, a 3/8"x5 1/2" lag bolt, 2" spring pin, and a 16 penny nail

the screw lock in place

ramps locked in place...which are also the tail gate

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
oh man, that is so slick!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
nice job on the ramps i like the idea of the ramps being the tail gate thats a good idea

·
Registered
690 Posts
very nice work, I like the idea for the ramps, but it also seems like it may be a pain threading a bolt in to hold them on all the time.

Mine has a drop down tail gate, but it does stick up in the air, I know its back there when pulling it, but its great just pulling the pin and dropping it down, instead of ramps. Ramps got real old putting things in the back of my bed, thats why I wanted a trailer without separate ramps, lol.

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Great job and ideas from your build! :thanku: for sharing!!!

Saint

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments.
jpdocdave.....if you can spin a fishing reel you can lock down these ramps. takes seconds.
i was going to do a bifold drop gate but it would have stuck into the air more than what i wanted. also wanted to keep things light as possible. this will mainly be towed by the wife's Chevy Equinox.

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just a quick update on the trailer. got my 2" coupler on. also added 4 1666lbs. flush mount tie down rings. now it is completely done......until i decide to add a 3500lbs. axle.;)

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
I like those tie downs. Really really good job on the whole project.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts