My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Good at breaking stuff!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys think about the 2520 with loader and 46 backhoe?

Dealer offered a killer financing deal and a surprisingly good trade difference for the 2305 and loader. Financing about $19k.

BTW, Saturday my father bought a JD 3032E with loader, 5' rotary cutter, 5' box blade, PHD and new heavy 16' trailer with brakes for $20k.

The 3032e is a nice unit, but a little too big to maneuver around my property (had fun working around trees while showing dad how to use the tractor)

Anyways, I have been kicking myself in the butt for not buying the backhoe with the 2305, so this my chance to correct the mistake.

FWIW, the 2305 has been a great machine. After adding the skid plate she has done everything I have ever asked of her. I will be sad to see her go...:crybaby:

Well, on to my next love...:trink39:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
your offer is about $6k for trade in on the 2305, is it beat to pieces? I got $10k for mine when I got rid of it and the dealer had it sold for $12500 before I got off the lot. unless you have a definate need for the larger machine you'll be way ahead just adding the hoe to what you have.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Hi cdhd, I have to agree with Shack that you're not getting the best of a deal on the trade-in. I'll bet you could sell your machine on the outside and then negotiate a better cash deal on the 2520 -- then again, with your access to the 3032E, do you really need the larger tractor?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I have to agree with the others. You ought to be able to get at least $8-9K for trade in value. At least thats the neighborhood I've been in when looking at trading. Good luck and enjoy the 2520. If you can live with that deal then enjoy the heck out of it and let us know how you like the backhoe. slkpk

·
Good at breaking stuff!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I should have thrown in all the numbers first.:sorry1:

2520 plus the loader is $17,100
the 46 backhoe is $6,300
total $23,400

trade in is $8,000 (dent in hood from dad and fence post)
payoff is $5,084.89

difference is $20,484.89
filing is $210
insurance is $380

total is $21,074.89

I am going to put $2,000 down, so financing about $19k.

Another dealer a hundred miles away beat the tractor/loader price by $200 but wouldn't give enough trade difference.

Also, I priced the 260 hoe installed in June at about $5,800 installed. That would have raised my tractor payments by $200 for 3 years.

This deal will increase my payment by $100 for 6 years. But I get a completely new and bigger tractor to play with.

Right now I am more concerned with immediate payments cost than saving a little later by paying more now....:dunno:

Also, I should never need a bigger tractor than this for my 3.5 acres of mess.:fing32:

PS. Dad's new 3032e is 4 hours away. Unless he moves closer (might happen..?) I don't really have "access" to his tractor.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You'll love your 2520. I almost traded my 2305 earlier this year when they had their $2500. off deal but I would have needed to swap out a lot of implememnts & the 2305 works pretty great for what I need so I didn't. I really like the 2520 :fing32:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I went from a 2210 to the 2520. What a huge difference!!! You will love it!!! For loader work the 2520 is sooo much safer to use, just all around bigger heavier machine. If you can afford it, get some pallet forks, you will find you will use them all the time!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Newt---did you get the drive over 7 iron 72" MMM? If so, how well do you like it compared to the 2210 deck?

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Even with those new figures, I wonder if you are getting a great deal? Maybe -- these guys would know better. It would be interesting to hear what Ensoll/Chris thinks -- didn't he do a similar trade this past summer?

Did you give any thought to a 1026r? They have more grunt (hp and hydraulics) than a 2305. They are almost comparable to the 2320, but in the more compact size.

Anyway, if you are definitely going for the 2520, then "congrats!" They are very impressive machines. Lucky you!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Make sure you get us some action shots of it when you get it. slkpk

·
Good at breaking stuff!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even with those new figures, I wonder if you are getting a great deal? Maybe -- these guys would know better. It would be interesting to hear what Ensoll/Chris thinks -- didn't he do a similar trade this past summer?

Did you give any thought to a 1026r? They have more grunt (hp and hydraulics) than a 2305. They are almost comparable to the 2320, but in the more compact size.

Anyway, if you are definitely going for the 2520, then "congrats!" They are very impressive machines. Lucky you!
While the 2305 did a great job, I have always thought that it was "slightly" too small for the work I put it through. I have never mowed with it, I only use it for pushing/dozing brush, loader work, and ground engagement.

As for the pricing, no one within 150 mile radius can beat this. Most are about $1.5k higher.:dunno:

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
While the 2305 did a great job, I have always thought that it was "slightly" too small for the work I put it through. I have never mowed with it, I only use it for pushing/dozing brush, loader work, and ground engagement....
Sounds like a 2520 would be a good fit, then. I didn't realize you aren't using it as a mower -- I can see how the extra heft would not be liability and would come in handy.

Not sure if you've already signed and it's a done deal, but you might make a comparison with the Kubota B series. If your 2305 is in good shape, you should be able to sell it fairly easily on CL. The B comparison might give you a better sense of the deal you're getting.

Good luck!!

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Stop all the heartache and worry, just go get that 2520 and never look back. Awesome machine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts