My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my X304 42" for a new X500 w/48". Will get it tomorrow or next day. Decided I could live without the 4 wheel steer (although nice). Wanted to bigger deck so I could get a power bagger later and also wanted the locked diff. I got the gater blades on it. :greendr: I have a 44" snowblower that will work well with the new X500. Decided I didn't need the liquid cooled engine for the number of hours I put on it and could get along without the power steering and power lift system for the price difference.

·
Super Moderator
16,325 Posts
Have fun with the New one. How did your X304 perform for You and did you use it the past year for snow removal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did use it for snow removal. It worked well. I had to get chains and weights to get the traction I needed because of a slight incline in my driveway. It could move a lot of snow. Only once did I have really wet and heavy snow where the chute would start getting clogged up (2 stage blower). I also managed to get stuck 2-3 times. I think the locking diff would have solved that problem. However, it might have just allow me to get stuck deeper.

As far as the tractor was concerned, I liked it. I could turn around in a one car stall in my garage. I have a lawn area that slopes away from the garage and curves. I thought the deck cut lower when going around the curve. It will be interesting to see if the x500 does the same. X304 is rated #1 in Consumer Reports.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. It may be a different snowblowing experience without the 4 wheel steer as if you have curves the 2 wheel steer will want to go straight more.

Adam
Turn the steering wheel:fing20: slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,325 Posts
Farm boy Good review. I think You'll have fun with the X500. So far I see most people are happy with there X500's :thThumbsU

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor. It should do the job for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the new x500 home today. Tried it out this morning. Nice cut. Having gone from the all-wheel steer to conventional steer, will take a little adjusting too. Conventional will work fine for me. Like the bigger deck and larger tractor. Forward and reverse speeds top end are faster on the x500. Here's a picture before I put it to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
Have fun with it! My x520 shows up Saturday and I can't wait!

:greendr:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice tractor. If you ever have traction problems get yourself a set of HDAP tires for the rear axle. Looking forward to a review of it. slkpk

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Very nice tractor. get yourself a set of HDAP tires for the rear axle.
I second that idea....!

I really think they should make the HDAPs the standard on the X500 and up.:thThumbsU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts