My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended up trading the X300 with the trans out and got a X500 with the 48" deck. So far driving it on and off the trailer and in the garage it sure drives nice! I was surprised to see a deck wash system. Have the always had that? my x300 did not. The only thing I'm bummed about was I wanted the hdap tires and the dealer said he would swap for free but all he had in stock were 500's and 540's with turfs. He wanted to put a set of beat up used tires and rims on it till he gets a 530 with hdap's and he did not have one coming till end of Dec. so I just stuck with the turfs.

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Congrats and a nice ride you got there for sure, looks like the little fellow is inspecting the new green machine as well :fing32:

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you it worked out the best it could given the broken trade in. Yeah Camden was all over that thing last nite.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats and a nice ride you got there for sure, looks like the little fellow is inspecting the new green machine as well :fing32:
Thanks Jim! He was.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ahhh well done Bruce! You are going to LOVE this machine!
You will notice the tranny has a much louder whine than your X300...no worries, it is normal. And wait until you see how much more pulling power it has!!! As long as you have traction, look out!

Too bad about the HDAP's...but you can always buy them later.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
A beautiful tractor, you have now, this is my first choice, but I have a X300, it is only available in Germany and the X540 is very much Money.But my next tractor is the 500 series.
Good Luck!:fing32:

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh well done Bruce! You are going to LOVE this machine!
You will notice the tranny has a much louder whine than your X300...no worries, it is normal. And wait until you see how much more pulling power it has!!! As long as you have traction, look out!

Too bad about the HDAP's...but you can always buy them later.
It is to bad about the HDAP's when they would have been free but I could not bring myself to bring the tractor home with used stuff on it. I will say taking it for a quick spin how much faster it is over my old mower.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A beautiful tractor, you have now, this is my first choice, but I have a X300, it is only available in Germany and the X540 is very much Money.But my next tractor is the 500 series.
Good Luck!:fing32:
Thank you and good luck with yours as well!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing I don't like about it is the low back seat. Does anyone know if any of the high back seats will work? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
If your talking about the seat on the X540 sure it will work not a problem:thThumbsU

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that X540 seat any taller or does it the same seat with the handle on top of it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is that X540 seat any taller or does it the same seat with the handle on top of it?
The X540 seat is 16 inch tall and the X500 15 inch tall. I own a X540, and i thougt that the seat was not so comfy, i mounted a seat from the X700 series ( not the deluxe seat ). Its much more comfy then orig.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The X540 seat is 16 inch tall and the X500 15 inch tall. I own a X540, and i thougt that the seat was not so comfy, i mounted a seat from the X700 series ( not the deluxe seat ). Its much more comfy then orig.
Did you get the X700 series seat from a dealer? I can't find them for sale online. Also did it bolt up fine with fab work? Thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like how the tractor gets the garage and the car is out in the driveway :thThumbsU:

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
The X700 seat part#AM131698 (#1 in the pic) is a direct fit, it's used the same bracket (M127976) for the X3__and X5__ . :)

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The X700 seat part#AM131698 (#1 in the pic) is a direct fit, it's used the same bracket (M127976) for the X3__and X5__ . :)

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts