My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this sounds crazy but with jd's sale going on now should I trade my new X320 in for new X360? Just thinking about it. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Only advice I have for you is that this may be a dangerous place to ask that question; remember, the guys here are good at spending other peoples' money.:thThumbsU

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Diito, if your going to jump I would go X500 all the way. I see on Mutton's web site they have the X500 at 400.00 more than a X360.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just a question or two.
Why get rid of the 320? I have the X360 and am very happy with it. Other than power steering and hydraulics, is there much difference?
What kind of a beating will you take on the trade?
With the price cuts, customers could just as well buy new instead of a used machine. This could leave the dealer sitting with a used X320. Knowing that, the dealer might not give you the best trade in price.
I am not trying to talk you out of trading, just offering up some ideas.
Is the 320 not doing what you need it to do? If not, you may want to go bigger, as in an X500 or X700.
Just some food for thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just got my x530 a few weeks ago when they were offering $300 off. Now they're offering $500!!

If I could have just waited a little while longer ... *sigh*

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Only advice I have for you is that this may be a dangerous place to ask that question; remember, the guys here are good at spending other peoples' money.:thThumbsU
:ditto:
I would say To only trade Up to a X500 series if You want to use a Tiller or you want Diff/lock Other than That if You Just want Hydraulic lift & Power steering the X360 will be Fine:thThumbsU

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well made my descision I am going to keep the 320. Dont want to take beating by trading it in. I am just past jd's 30 day trade back 36 days. Dealer said sorry cant help me. I knew that I guess but thought I would see about it. They had a X500 on the floor was looking good, good price too oh well maybe in a couple of years. Gotta keep the peace here too. Should have waited yea right. LOL

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Sorry that you're outside of the JD Promise window... I didn't catch why you wanted a X360. If the mower deck is heavy to lift, you can add the lift assist spring to your tractor and make it easier. Anyway, enjoy the X320 for now and trade in the future if the need arises.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was only thinking about the 360 if I could've traded for cheap money. Just liked the novelty of the power steering and deck lift never had those before oh well. The 320 is the first really nice tractor i've bought. Always had craftsman in the past but for the most part they did what I wanted and lasted.

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
Just a question or two.
Why get rid of the 320? I have the X360 and am very happy with it. Other than power steering and hydraulics, is there much difference?
X360 has power steering, power lift and the same K58 tranny, except the X360's k58 is servicable. If you want the feel of power steering, put a spinner knob on your steering wheel. I like to call that "Poor man's power steering." And like someone else mentioned, you can add the power lift kit for less than $500. Then, after the warranty expires, replace the oil in the tranny by draining and refilling. Voila!

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
You'll be fine with the X320!!! I can't see paying $1k just to have power steering and ok, deck lift too... Most people only put it down then back up when finished (not worth $1k unless there are other circumstances as to why you'd need hydro lift). As you've found out the X320 is a great machine, so enjoy it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was only thinking about the 360 if I could've traded for cheap money. Just liked the novelty of the power steering and deck lift never had those before oh well. The 320 is the first really nice tractor i've bought. Always had craftsman in the past but for the most part they did what I wanted and lasted.
Hi Bajajohn,
I had the power lift kit added to my X324 for 399.95 and my dealer is installing it free. I also thought about upgrading (those x500's sure are nice) but decided my X324 will do everything I need it to so I'll spend that cash on a cab upgrade.
Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts