My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to trade my 1600A Snapper for a 1650 plus $500. I want the hydro! But the 1650 does not have the rear lift or the rear PTO (where my 1600A does). As I understand it, a 1650A would have a lift but would it have the rear PTO as well? Also, would a 1650A have a hydrualic lift? Would I be better to pay the full $800 for the 1650 and keep my 1600A for the PTO and lift linkages?

I really need the PTO and linkage so I can rig up a rear tiller.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
All of the "A" designations indicate it has the 3-point and rear pto and to the best of my knowledge they have hydraulic lifts......Now as far as whether u should keep yours or trade it depends on how much you use the 3-point. Personally my 1855A would be missed because i like to grade the drive and use a box blade for grading work around the place, but if you arent into that sorta thing then why would you need the 3-point anyway? If you are into ground work and not just using it as a mower then i would have to say dont trade lol.

I'm sure adding the 3-point and pto to the 1650 could be done but am not sure how much trouble you would run into doing it.....Im sure someone here probably knows though.

Probably didnt help ya one bit but there ya go anyway :thThumbsU

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments cadman...

My current tractor is an "A" type but it is not hydro so I do not have hydraulic lift (it is a manual lift which is brutal). I also do not have the three point, only a single point lift. I can use a tiller with the one I already own. The trade I am looking at is a 1650 with no rear PTO and no lift of any type. I will not be able to use my tiller. However, the 1650 is a hydro and a much cleaner unit. I do not want to give up my tiller so I want to know what it takes to make a 1650 into a 1650A with rear PTO and lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts