My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bikes/Tractors what else
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live not that far from the NH/IH/Case plant in Racine. Every time I see a trailer truck hauling a tractor they have an extra set of tires/wheels for later installation.

It seems that they are selling the heck out of that size tractor. Can someone educate a dummy about when a farmer would go for the dual tire set up?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
92 Posts
duals are used for different reasons, either more weight and more traction when plowing or for flotation when harvesting..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
All of the above and it stops all that power from spinning the wheels. With singles you can sometimes actually see them slipping or spinning.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,158 Posts
Duals are essential for almost all areas of farming for the reason listed above. About only time they aren't are: equipment on wheels that don't require much traction or that don't put much weight on the tractor (sprayer, manure spreader, baler etc...)

Lack of Traction and Compaction are killer to yield and productivity

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Duals are used for all of the abobe reasons.
As well as side hill applications.
Much more stability.
Plus when you get into a wet spot............lola

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yep they can sure wallow out the place you get stuck at! lol

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Or get you uot leaving massive ruts to fill in.........ughhhhh lol

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
We live not that far from the NH/IH/Case plant in Racine. Every time I see a trailer truck hauling a tractor they have an extra set of tires/wheels for later installation.

It seems that they are selling the heck out of that size tractor. Can someone educate a dummy about when a farmer would go for the dual tire set up?

Just wondering.
Weight distribution...;)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts