My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Last night, I had a dream. I got to meet you all! We met in the gymnasium of my elementary school. We had speakers and a general "meet & greet" time. I had a ball! There must have been 300 of you there. What a great group of folk! Too much mowin' thinkin'?????????

My wife just asked me if there were tractors out on the playground. I didn't get out there. Did any of you bring one?

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Parts collector
3,420 Posts
Ha ha. I don't dream about tractors per-say. but I dream about getting things done and seeing the final product.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha. I don't dream about tractors per-say. but I dream about getting things done and seeing the final product.
Years ago, while in the middle of the restoration of my 1962 Corvette, I'd be planning what the next thing to do would be as I was getting ready for bed. That night, while dreaming, my wife heard me distinctly say, "You don't bend a part to fix it, you make a new part!".

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, sorry I missed the get together at the gym! Was it a formal affair? :sidelaugh
Didn't appear to be but nobody was dressed like they just came out of the field (except perhaps me (I dress the same no matter where I go). My wife is always asking "You're not wearing that to town, are you???"

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I had a nightmare once that my X500 was gone from the garage. I had to get up to look.

As for "Tractors on the brain, an addiction or obsession", it is neither. It is thankfully a reality.

Showing my age here, I'd rather be in the garage working on my tractor or cutting the lawn than my nose stuck on some hand held device playing a game. I'd feel that life is passing and I'm not even participating.

I guess I have to question, when the "connected" generations are in their 60s or 70s and look back at the hundreds perhaps thousands ? of hours wasted on games, what value or enjoyment have they brought to themselves, family, or the world for that matter.

Guess I'm just an old guy who grew up, lived, and worked in the real world, and probably wouldn't change anything. Sorry to say guys and gals, even the half hour or so I spend here almost daily, I get antsy and have to get out to the garage to see what is going on and what I can get into today..

Wouldn't change it for anything.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a nightmare once that my X500 was gone from the garage. I had to get up to look.

As for "Tractors on the brain, an addiction or obsession", it is neither. It is thankfully a reality.

Showing my age here, I'd rather be in the garage working on my tractor or cutting the lawn than my nose stuck on some hand held device playing a game. I'd feel that life is passing and I'm not even participating.

I guess I have to question, when the "connected" generations are in their 60s or 70s and look back at the hundreds perhaps thousands ? of hours wasted on games, what value or enjoyment have they brought to themselves, family, or the world for that matter.

Guess I'm just an old guy who grew up, lived, and worked in the real world, and probably wouldn't change anything. Sorry to say guys and gals, even the half hour or so I spend here almost daily, I get antsy and have to get out to the garage to see what is going on and what I can get into today..

Wouldn't change it for anything.
As I'm a child of the '50's, I totally agree. We came in the house after a hard day's playing with "necklaces" of dirt around our necks and grass stains on our jeans. We wore ourselves out and slept well each night. We learned a lot of lessons firsthand by messin' up but we survived and are here to tell about it.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be great to travel and meet members. Maybe stay a day with each and travel the USA.
..............and get to sleep in their barns!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I don't know, all I ever dream about is T & A for all the good that does me.:tango_face_plain:

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know, all I ever dream about is T & A for all the good that does me.:tango_face_plain:
Tractors and ambulances, huh? HA:tango_face_smile_bi

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,420 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts