My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tractor Supply Hi-Run AG's?

Anybody have any on there GT?I was looking at some today,wondering how they hold up?

·
MTF New Poster
2,163 Posts
They are shorter than stated on the tire.A friend put 20x10x8 on his rider and they are shorter than my factory 20x8x8 turfs by almost 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
My local TSC carried several brands including some Carlisle. Now they only carry Hi-run. Less quality, very slightly lower price to the consumer, more profit. Sigh.

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
My local TSC carried several brands including some Carlisle. Now they only carry Hi-run. Less quality, very slightly lower price to the consumer, more profit. Sigh.
Seems to me that this has been the idea for the last 25 years or so. It started with the slow decline of the quality of our beloved garden tractors, our cars, trucks and farming out all the manufacturing to foreign lands so the corporations can make bigger profits.

Don't even get me started on the big beer brewers. Yuck! When the recession hit, they cut their costs as much as they could, and raised the prices for their products to keep their profit margins the same. All while the average Joe could afford less and less beer to begin with. :crybaby::thSick::eck16::Disgus::tsk::eck15::beatdeadh:beatdeadh

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TSC wants $85 each + tax for 23x10.50x12's.My local tire dealer can get me Tru Powers for $110-each mounted.Would i be much better with the Carlile's?

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
TSC wants $85 each + tax for 23x10.50x12's.My local tire dealer can get me Tru Powers for $110-each mounted.Would i be much better with the Carlile's?
Yes. Check and see how many plys the TSC tires are. Surprise, surprise, they are 2-ply. Tru Powers in that size are 4-ply tires.

·
MTF New Poster
2,163 Posts
Yes. Check and see how many plys the TSC tires are. Surprise, surprise, they are 2-ply. Tru Powers in that size are 4-ply tires.
I agree.The 4 ply tires will last longer and carry more weight,in case you ever want to add wheel weights.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have them on my Roper, I have them loaded. They seem to be good tires but i have only had them about 8 months.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
it would be nice if they were a thicker ply. i like the tread on them.. kinda like a carlisle super lug

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yes. Consider not only the ply but the composition of the rubber and the width of each rib. Only the edge of the rib pushes against the soil, but the wider ribs have more rubber to wear away. Harder compositions will last longer.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
is that price per pair or per tire?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at these tires in person today.They are made in New Zealand.I just don't like the squared off look of the Tru Powers,i think i may try the Hi Runs.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
also, check out duro, and deestone. they have the same look, more ply's and are less expensive

check out my thread

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
and they arent worth waiting for?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
haha well i know its worth waiting for in my eyes

·
Registered
248 Posts
We run the TSC Hy-Runs, and they seem to hook pretty well for what we're doing..lol :)
I hope to mount them on a wider wheel to flatten the foot print a little.

these are the 23 X 10.50 X 12's at about 10lbs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts