My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Tractor Supply stores are putting a variety of tractor tires (fronts, rears, turfs, ags, GT size, LT size, etc.) on clearance. It was mentioned that they are getting a new supplier as the reason. It is not a sale that is advertised and most employees that I've spoken with have no clue of the clearance.

I picked these 23x10.5-12 tires up for $34.99 each. I had to get each one from a separate store because they only stock one tire at a time in my area (small stores). One of those tags was clearance for $69.99 , but rang up at the register for $34.99. Regular price is $134.99 each :oops:
Tire Sports equipment Automotive tire Sports gear Automotive design

I noticed someone in FL selling brand new 8" and 12" tires on this site and must've gotten them from TSC also, but I doubt this person paid full price as he is advertising.

This has been all over the FB groups, but I'm sure there are a few tires left for those willing to risk a shopping adventure to TSC. Happy hunting!

· Retired Deere Employee
1,057 Posts
What brand tires are they?

· Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately they were out of rear AG tires, but I did pick up a 16x6.5-8 rib tire for $14.99 and two 16x6.5x8 turf tires on front rims for 21.99 each. The bare tires seemed to be all Hi-Run brand.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately they were out of rear AG tires, but I did pick up a 16x6.5-8 rib tire for $14.99 and two 16x6.5x8 turf tires on front rims for 21.99 each. The bare tires seemed to be all Hi-Run brand.
Sweet! Nice to see you made the effort as a lot of people already knew of the deal and most stores have been pilfered. No risk, no reward :ROFLMAO:

The tires I got a Hi-Run brand.

· Registered
Craftsman 855C & 857C
967 Posts
No risk, no reward
Well I risked, but sadly got no reward today 😪. I hoped I could maybe get some new tires for the project Craftsman you sold me Mike, and they had the right style tire I was lookin for BUT the wrong sizes so I had no such luck. I'll maybe try again tomorrow.

· I'll never get to 10,000
5,742 Posts
Saw that this weekend. Had some V61 style but only 6". Was hoping 8" were there for the JD 110 or 140.

Reactions: B440

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I risked, but sadly got no reward today 😪. I hoped I could maybe get some new tires for the project Craftsman you sold me Mike, and they had the right style tire I was lookin for BUT the wrong sizes so I had no such luck. I'll maybe try again tomorrow.
That's a bummer. Definitely try another store. I think most everyone was after some type of ag tire, so there may still be other types available.

· Registered
Craftsman 855C & 857C
967 Posts
That's a bummer. Definitely try another store. I think most everyone was after some type of ag tire, so there may still be other types available.
C'mon, I risked but sadly got no reward again today. I went to another tractor supply and it was sadly just like yesterday, they had the right style tire I was lookin for BUT the wrong sizes. One of the sizes today and yesterday for the front tires was SO close but one digit off, it was a dash (-) 4 where I need a 6. I however think I found out why, I looked on the computer they have at the store for the size and the computer says it's online order only for the front ones I need. See below for the fronts, I could not find an original stud style for the back. Does anyone know if there is a conversion or anything for a 16x5.50-8 tire size? I don't like how these say "Made In China" on the sides anyways......

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C'mon WTF, I risked but sadly got no reward again today. I went to another tractor supply and it was sadly just like yesterday, they had the right style tire I was lookin for BUT the wrong sizes. One of the sizes today and yesterday for the front tires was SO close but one digit off, it was a dash (-) 4 where I need a 6. I however think I found out why, I looked on the computer they have at the store for the size and the computer says it's online order only for the front ones I need. See below for the fronts, I could not find an original stud style for the back. Does anyone know if there is a conversion or anything for a 16x5.50-8 tire size? I don't like how these say "Made In China" on the sides anyways......

I'll check the TSC near me to see if they have anything. Is this what you're looking for as a rear tire?

· Registered
4,315 Posts
4.80x 8 is only going to be a rear tire size on something like a rear engine rider possibly. 16-6.50x 8 is a common size.

HI RUN tires are okay and cheaper. They are what TSC used to carry. Local tire shop can likely get them.BKT can and Carlisle are good brands but more expensive

· Registered
Craftsman 855C & 857C
967 Posts
I'll check the TSC near me to see if they have anything. Is this what you're looking for as a rear tire?
That's the style yes but the size that's on the tractor now is 4.10x3.50-6 on the front (which I beleive I posted in my link above), and 16x5.50-8 on the back. That's why I ask if there is a conversion chart or somethin that i'm missin'. Those ARE the styles I really want the sawtooths for the front and the studs for the back, and they have both of those at the store but I think they're the wrong size. I want those because as you may know Mike I wanna keep the tractor as original looking as possible.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the style yes but the size that's on the tractor now is 4.10x3.50-6 on the front (which I beleive I posted in my link above), and 16x5.50-8 on the back. That's why I ask if there is a conversion chart or somethin that i'm missin'. Those ARE the styles I really want the sawtooths for the front and the studs for the back, and they have both of those at the store but I think they're the wrong size. I want those because as you may know Mike I wanna keep the tractor as original looking as possible.
No luck at the store near me. Those are some odd sizes that you're looking for. If that was my restoration, I'd probably go with more common sizes, but I do recognize that you like everything NOS original.
This sawtooth was on the shelf and likely the same one you found at your store. The stud tires were 4" and 5" sizes.
Font Carmine Label Brand Logo

Annnnnd, I couldn't help myself. 😁 Grabbed a few more to use on my trailers/projects.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 40 Posts