My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone here have any experience with John Deere's answer the the Johnny Bucket called the "Tractor Shovel"? I am looking for a "scoop" for my X540...

I like the idea that the Tractor Shovel is $899 but I am not digging (No pun intended) that center support. I would think it would make it harder to "push in to get a good scoop".

As for the JBJR, it seem very popular around here with many rave reviews. Are there any down sides to this item that I may have missed?

Many :thanku:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Hi all,
Does anyone here have any experience with John Deere's answer the the Johnny Bucket called the "Tractor Shovel"? I am looking for a "scoop" for my X540...

I like the idea that the Tractor Shovel is $899 but I am not digging (No pun intended) that center support. I would think it would make it harder to "push in to get a good scoop".

As for the JBJR, it seem very popular around here with many rave reviews. Are there any down sides to this item that I may have missed?

Many :thanku:
For me there was no down side for the JBSR and never had a minutes problem with it. slkpk

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I purchased my 540, I asked the dealer about the tractor shovel. He said it wasn't worth it. You will still need to "shovel" by hand the mulch and the like in it. Then travel to dump it.

He said I would be better off using my cart to transport material like mulch. So I'm saving up for a JBjr. Besides I still need the snowblower, a front blade and the integral hitch and rear blade.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
No downside to the jbjr. Mine has performed without fail evertime I have used it. Well worth every penny I paid for it.:thThumbsU Only limitation is that it doesn't have the lift height of a FEL.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
About the "tractor shovel" I look at it closely few month ago and it seam’s a bit flimsy.

Just my .02 cents. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts