My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would lie to add arm rest to my Craftsman tractor seat. It is just like the seats on a new tractor that has arm rest, even has mounting holes like the new ones. Any ideas? Did a search and got nothin.
Thanks,

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:sorry1: I don't except to buy a new seat. Nice Avatar. Love the old Sears Tractors!

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and as for the avatar, she was bought new in 1970 and still runs good as new. She does all my heavy plowing.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
How about a couple of pieces of lumber cut to roughly the same dimensions of the factory armrest bolted to the sides of the seatback? I know that sounds a little odd, but if it works....

·
15,000 +posts!
20,853 Posts
If you can get the right one from Sears that'll fit--that would be great..if not,a trip to a junkyard will provide a nice one--a '93 Dodge Caravan like my mom's I often drive,(and many other years) has a nice flip up arm rest that I bet could be adapted pretty easily..be nice to be able to flip it up out of the way when getting on or off the tractor..I like having the arm rest ,I almost always use it while driving her van..

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jdoff, that's it. I had searched all over. They are currently out of stock but will email me when available. How did you find it?
Thanks again,:thanku:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks jdoff, that's it. I had searched all over. They are currently out of stock but will email me when available.
I'd seen them on Sears' site once before when I was looking for something else, so I knew it existed. I found them again with a few Google searches, but I don't remember the specifics.

I'm looking to see if Husqvarna has these listed as well. Do you have a Husqvarna dealer nearby?

Edit: The Husqvarna part number is (I think) 539105539, but I'm not finding any reasonable prices on the web. Might be a starting point if you talk to a local dealer though.

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again jdoff. There is a Husqvarna dealer and I will ask him tomorrow about that part #.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts