My Tractor Forum banner

Tractor pulls

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  souNdguy 
#1 ·
Is anybody out there using there old fords at the tractor pulls? If so what are you using. A friend of mine pulled with his NAA last week. It pulled about the same as a farmall H. He's got too much money tied up in the NAA restore and the rears aren't that strong on that model so he is looking for a 600 model to pull with. Maybe a 621 with no hydraulics and no 3pt hopefully to drop down a class. Any input might help.

Thanks, Kirk

#2 ·
All I pull are the implements I have here but you know I have seem very few Fords at pulls. It always seems to be the Farmall's and JD's with may be the RARE Ford thrown in. I would like to see more Fords.

Look forward to hearing from others on this topic.

#3 ·
My brothers and I have been pulling Ns at some of the Maine Antique Tractor Club pulls for several years now. We pull in the 2500 lb and 3000 lb classes. The 42 2N I use for the 2500 lb class has 9.5-32 rear tires and I have gotten 1st several times and many 2nd and 3rd.
My younger brother tried his 800 this year for the first time in the 4500lb class and took first but was DQ because he had a couple washers on top of the draw bar that put him 1/4 inch to high.
We use two 2Ns in the 3000lb class and get 4th and 5th quite often.
On Aug 23rd we are having a pull at the Union Fair and I hope to take our 48 8N with Sherman trans and 16.9-24 tires to try in the 3000lb class.

#4 ·
tell him to save his money on the 600 series.. the naa and 600 series are so close in capacity as to be null difference.. 800 series has a beefier rear end.. weighs almos the same as the naa and 600 series.

for instance, the ring gear in the rear end of the 600 and naa are the same.. a conn4210c

the 800 has a ring gear conn4210e..

the axles on a 600 and 2120 are the same and are 312187

the axles on a 800 are the same as a 4120, industrial, and hd industrial, and are b9nn4244a

just my opinion anyway.. if you are gonna upgrade from a naa.. skip the 4cyl 6xx and 2xxx models and set into the 4cyl 8xx, 4xxx, 184x industrials... get heavier axles and rears..

soundguy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.