My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 12.5hp lt4000 running and am using it quite a bit, what a help it is being, a neighbor has broken his hip, so we mowed his acre of grass, mowed my steep and rough lot, and got the idea of fixing a sheet of tin so I could roll some of the bigger rocks on to it & tow them to where I need them, that worked so I built a stone boat and have been hauling piles of dirt from the foundation diggings to low spots for fill, works well.
The problem is that in the lower gears the tractor will hesitate and then jerk forward. Hoping it is a pulley I pulled the draw plate, there is a bit of slop in the bearing but the pulley does not seem to slip on the shaft. Do I have a broken gear in the transmission that is missing one or more teeth???. Any tips would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D Dogg, that would be great, since I have spares on an 11hp Craftsman. Guess I gotta drop the mower deck & crawl underneath. Is there an adjustment that can be reached from on top?
I do not think it is the wheel slipping on the axle, both keys are in the keyways, & there is no slop.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts