My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been trying to get some historic information on Roper and AYP, (American Yard Products), Lawn/Yard/Garden Tractors. If anyone can give me some web sites for this info I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
17,718 Posts
What do You need to Know
Roper until 1982 60% of the company was owned by Sears. Roper Bought Back the stock in 82 and In 1988 Sold it's Appliances and Lawn equipment Production to GE somewhere in the Deal Electrolux Bought the Outdoor Power equipment and Changed the Name from Roper to American Yard Products. Roper as a Company is still around today as the Roper Pump Company. Electrolux Had just Bought White Consolidated Industries in 1987 who had spun of a company Years Before that we all Know as the White Motor Company aka White Tractors and Trucks so around 1990 when they first started Producing Husqvarna Tractors (Electrolux had Bought Husqvarna in 1978) The Husqvarna Line was made under the White Consolidated Industries name. During 1970 White Motor & White Consolidated Industries Merged Anti Trust Laws made them split again and in 1976 the U.S. Government ok the merger again Because White Motor was In danger of failing witout the Merger But White Consolidated Industries Board Voted against it So It hurt Both Companies White Motor Lost 63Million and they struggled to stay afloat. Well anyways come 2006 Electrolux Spun off Husqvarna as it’s Own company and it would take all the Outdoor Power equipment Electrolux Had and be a separate standing company.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
17,718 Posts
Roper started Producing Lawn Mowers in 1964 when it merged with the Newark Ohio Co
Which was a wholly owed subsidiary of Sears if Your asking about Lawn Tractors There still made Under the Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan & Poulan Pro Labels AYP is still the American Operation of Husqvarna But Machines are Now Labeled HOP instead of AYP as Far as the U.S. operation for Tractors there still produced in South Carolina at the same factory Where the Craftsman Tractors Have Been Produced since the early 90's:thThumbsU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts