My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after two years of me asking a friend of mine how much he wants for a used Trac Vac. His answer was always just take it, so today I did. Now I have to get it to work with the 3point and the MMM. I was only able to move it into the shed for now. No time for pictures with the little guy in tow.

It has a B&S 8hp gas with some large holding box. About the size of a trash can. It was mounted on a JD garden tractor with a 54in deck. Anyone really know these units. I'm going to have questions soon.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can't argue with the price. I had one of those with my 2210 w/ 62c and it was waaaay under sized. I got it at an auction for $180 with a custom 3pt bracket and traded it in for $380 on a JD power flow. I have 2Ac and it would hold less than 1/2 of a lap. The power flow has about 3x the capacity, but I still have to empty it at least 4 to 10 times depending on grass height. I try and cut my grass every 1 to 2 weeks.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking to just use it for leaves this fall (3 times total). Not every week cutting so it should be ok. After watching the video I would think it to be a bit small for the SCUT. I also have the 62c MMM. Did the hose fit the deck or did you find something to work? Right now I'm using an iMATCH (quick hitch) on the tractor. Any information on the three point adaptor? Thanks for the feedback! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
26 Posts
The piece on the end of the hose that went to the deck came with the unit. I believe it was original. The guy I bought it from used it on a JD 955 so the adapter was fitted for his deck so I needed to "tweak" to fit mine. He to used it only for leaf collection and had it so that it would blow into a trailer that hooked to th back of the unit. As far as the 3pt bracket goes it was all custom. If I remember correctly he used 11/2 angle iron to make the bracket. I was basically a 3pt carry all. The forks weren't quite as long and they were squared off to create a box to hold the Trac Vac securely.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you need more capacity, rig up the blower unit to fit the 3PH and tow a covered trailer behind you to blow the leaves into.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Mayor if I were you I wouldn't bother with it. You should just pack it up and send it to me for my Ingersoll as it looks like it would fit and work great:trink40::trink40: slkpk

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mayor if I were you I wouldn't bother with it. You should just pack it up and send it to me for my Ingersoll as it looks like it would fit and work great:trink40::trink40: slkpk
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... no. :14_6_5:

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have been thinking about some kind of carry all. Just need the time to come up with a plan before the leaves fall. Also need to service the B&S before I get into anything.

On a another note yellow or green???? What color should it be? I dream in colors!!! :greendr:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Frame black, green box yellow JD stickers. slkpk

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
That is a good price on the carryall! I paid 20 or 30 more about a year ago. Had to paint it because it had surface rust from sitting outside too long.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got to play around with the unit a little. Thinking of mounting it on my sprayer 3 point set up. For some of you that don't recall that project I used steel pipe to make a small carry all. The sprayer slides on and off as needed and it's very compact. Thinking I could do the same thing with the vac. Like a quick change system we could call the iMAYOR....lol..

The 5hp B&S ( I thought it was 8hp) started right up with some new fuel. Plug and filter are ok. Runs very well but I was not very impressed with the suction from it. Are these more of a chopping kind of thing then suction? Anyway the hose is to short and must be extended a few feet or just replace with something (black pipe?). Also seams that the cover that mounts to the MMM will not fit but could be cut to work. Do these have to fit perfect with the suction unit on? I would think that if you have 90% coverage you should be fine. Trying to do this all on the cheep if I can.
:thThumbsU

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mounting ideas...

Deck mount from other tractor...

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spent some time looking at the mounting set up again. The easy way to do this is to go get the mounting brackets off the old JD. Then cut everything down flat and have it welded on my small carry all. Looked at just welding some angle iron on but would require to much work to fit the carry all right. Keep in mind the sprayer must also go back on. The trees are turning so time is running out fast... :banghead3

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sorry, I have no genius ideas for ya, but looking forward to the finished product! I like your idea of a modular iMayor carry-all for your sprayer, vac, and any future implements! I bought a carry-all with similar intentions, but ended up buying mostly tow-able implements instead... maybe someday I'll convert them!

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a bracket welded on my small carry all but of course I made it to short. Will have to come up with a fix before moving on to the deck mount. :crybaby:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Got a bracket welded on my small carry all but of course I made it to short. Will have to come up with a fix before moving on to the deck mount. :crybaby:
That sucks and I hate it when that happens:banghead3 slkpk

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got everything mounted today!!!! It was a fight but with a large hammer, die grinder, and welder the job got finished. Even took some time and cut up the deck mounting piece. IMHO it came out nice.

One snag I ran into was the 3ft hose (which is very nice) will not cover the 6ft distance I need. So do I add to this one, replace it with the same type hose, or find a cheap replacement?

Where is JDFAN with some ideas??? As always any help would be great!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts