My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
2,184 Posts
I find the Trac-Vac website vague. You look up model 880 on their manuals and it starts talking about the 880 but shows parts of another Model 280/348L Cart Cover Model 280/368L Cart Cover. So, I notice they are missing a few models in their manuals. I feel the website is messed up.

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It's extremely confusing, it's not your imagination...

I think the cart is a shared component between several models. There are several models using each basic cart size (10 cuft and 17 cuft). The frames differ, depending on whether the engine/blower is mounted directly to the tractor (3-point, etc.) or sits on the cart frame. But the cart box and covers seem to be common.

They really don't do a good job of explaining the model differences.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
431 Posts
Today I made a modification to mine by welding two 1/4" thick steel brackets to the frame. I bolted an Harbor Freight 10" pneumatic caster ($15.99) to it. This takes the tongue weight off and it's the perfect height. You can easily move it around by hand now.
The problem is it's tippy. So I'll buy another same caster wheel and mount them about 3 feet apart (guessing should be about right) and bolt that to this welded brace.
I mounted the tongue drop down foot on top so I won't lose it.
I still need to make top filters because running it blows chewed up leaves through the screens.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
New Trac Vac additions...a 25 foot extension hose and an 8" coupling. Coupling I ordered from Walmart. $20 the four stainless hose clamps are worth that!
The hose was 95# shipping, arrived UPS just now. $225 total from Amazon.
I did lots of research before ordering. Hose is fantastic for the price. Heavy duty wire wound smooth wall rubber. I'll make a handle for it. Now Trac Vac is a giant vacuum cleaner to get leaves under sheds. I tried, it works great. With existing hose it's 30 feet. I may put a rigid pipe on the end with handles.

8 Inch 201 Stainless Steel Hose Tube Clamp Fastener Clip for Water Pipe
Sold by Tasharina Corp...$19.63

Flexadux T-7 Thermoplastic Rubber Duct Hose, Black, 8" ID, 0.030"...$179.59

Items:
$179.59
Shipping & Handling:
$34.94
Total Before Tax:
$214.53
Estimated Tax Collected:
$11.37
Order Total
$225.90

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
I would suggest making a long handle for it, even so it uses 2 hands.

I've got a smaller walkbehind billygoat power vacuum, with a 4" hose attachment, and the end has a nozzle with a short handle on it, so to use it, I have to be bent over all the time.

I've also got a larger DR Power tow unit (similar to your Trac-Vac unit, with a 6" hose), and it came with a much longer 2-handed nozzle, one hand that holds up the nozzle/hose, and the other directs where the nozzle goes, and I can use it standing much more vertical (I'm 6'5", so nobody makes a nozzle long enough for me to be able to stand straight up and use it).

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I like that tire. Is it removable? It would be in the way and bottom out constantly with my setup (low hitch on the tractor and lots of hills).

The remote hose is great. Definitely add a rigid end on it to protect it from getting chewed up. I don't use the handle on the one that came with my 380, I just put the hose on the ground and RAKE leaves into it. Maybe with the additional suction power of the 880, I'll try the handle again.

Also, looking back at my pics, my 880 had apparently lost its drop down foot in a prior life.
20191123_133150.jpg

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,563 Posts
I like that tire. Is it removable? It would be in the way and bottom out constantly with my setup (low hitch on the tractor and lots of hills).

The remote hose is great. Definitely add a rigid end on it to protect it from getting chewed up. I don't use the handle on the one that came with my 380, I just put the hose on the ground and take leaves into it. Maybe with the additional suction power of the 880, I'll try the handle again.

Also, looking back at my pics, my 880 had apparently lost its drop down foot in a prior life. View attachment 2440595

Mike
That wheel inserted in the hanger pipe is very similar to what I've done to move mine around in my garage:

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
...except your is larger and better, Jere!

Mike

·
Registered
431 Posts

The remote hose is great. Definitely add a rigid end on it to protect it from getting chewed up. I don't use the handle on the one that came with my 380, I just put the hose on the ground and RAKE leaves into it. Maybe with the additional suction power of the 880, I'll try the handle again.

Also, looking back at my pics, my 880 had apparently lost its drop down foot in a prior life. View attachment 2440595

Mike
You can fabricate a foot easily, especially if you can weld.
I thought I'd make it 4 wheel but the third works fine. It is tippy if it's hilly, has ditches, etc. Some sort of simple suspension would be great, spring (s) maybe.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,563 Posts
@mikeinri If you are looking for the swing down foot for your Trac Vac, you can see the one handing in my picture. It has never been used to my knowledge. But likely would be easily removeable. Might cost a little to ship, but shouldn't be much. For what it's worth, to use it you still have to grunt that heavy tongue up then perform some form of foot wedge kick to stand it.

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I did see that, thanks Jere. It would help me, because I have an electric actuator lift on my sleeve hitch. Currently, I put a cinder block under the Trac Vac when not in use.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Here are some photos of my vac outfit. My vac motor has a base plate with a 2" tube to fit in the receiver that I have on my 318. Just 1 pin to attach it. With the trailer hitch point being almost 2' behind the mower, the trailer tracks right in the same line as the rear tires of the mower.

Jack
I love your set up! and the hitch can be used for more that one attachment, here is a picture on my EZ rake Factory Vacuum mount, model 676. which was also used on 420s 430s 318 ect & Deutz Allis models that used the same rear end. I cut the arms off one of my mounts for my three-point lower brackets could stay on the tractor. my 420 Deere was sold & I kept the EZ vac mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a easy addition until you work through the kill switch. A zip tie on the spark plug boot gives you a handle to pull. Makes it a simple way to shut off engine instead of waiting for it to run out of fuel.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A few modifications I made to mine. Added another 10" pneumatic dolley on front now I can roll around by hand. 30ft hose with front section has handles. More door latches with foam gasket. Last modification will be better screen for top as it blows finely chopped leaves out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
If you pick up much stuff from the ground, you may want to rework the handles a bit so you can use it while standing more upright. I've found using pickup handles where I have to bend over all the time to use them to be very annoying on my back...

41 - 59 of 59 Posts