My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up these 3 point hook up plows about a month ago on Craigslist and am just getting around to pictures. I think it wasn't too bad a buy for $275. The 10 moldboard is a Craftsman and I have it listed on Craigslist but will make a better price to another member if wanted. The middle buster was made by a friend of the PO in his welding shop. The bedder I might change up, not sure but the 42 inch tandem disc is what I was originally looking for. I'll be getting the garden ready with these this winter rather than using my Troybilt Horse.

·
Northwest PA Bolens Fan!
315 Posts
Hi Tinner,

Looks like a good deal. And guess what? I actually know where Ding Dong is! I spent about 4 years in Killeen and used to drive down to Austin for work everyday.

Good luck with your garden!

Ted

·
Banned
465 Posts
I think you got a pretty good deal. BTW, I had to look up and actually see if there is a town called "Ding Dong". THERE IS!! I bet a lot of Avon ladies live there. :sidelaugh

Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good one Bob. Yes, there is really a Ding Dong, Texas and I was surprised when Ted said he had been there, not many have nor remember being there. It's one of those places you had better not blink or you'll miss.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ya them Texan's have some good ones like "CUT and Shoot". There is a PO there, ZIP 77303

·
Banned
465 Posts
Good one Bob. Yes, there is really a Ding Dong, Texas and I was surprised when Ted said he had been there, not many have nor remember being there. It's one of those places you had better not blink or you'll miss.
I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, Pennsylvania has Blue Balls and Intercourse, so......

Bob

·
Super Moderator
35,806 Posts
Looks like a pretty good haul there Tinner! I like the 3 point plows that don't trail 4 ft behind the lift!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
all of those implements appear to be sears. the dual middle buster is the only one that im not positive about. on a money standpoint, theyre all worth about 125. so thats about $500 of stuff you got for 275. good buy!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only one that is a Sears is the moldboard and it will not work with my Cat 0 three point on the MF1650A. The middle buster was made from what looks like a Sears main beam. The bedder and disc were shop made. The bedder has solid square stock and the round bar in the back is solid steel which can be lowered to flatten the tops. The disc is shop made from 3" x 1/4" channel and 1 1/2" x 1/4" angle iron. Hooked the disc up yesterday and made a couple passes on unbroken ground and it worked well. Then used the middle buster and it did well too. That'll come in handy for digging a ditch for water lines to my garden and fruit trees. I've got the moldboard on Craigslist for $125 but I'll take $100 if someone offers it. I have another 10 moldboard that was a Brinley hookup that I am in the process of converting to 3 point. Will post pictures of mods I'm doing when I get through.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
yea the PITA thing about sears implements is that sears 3pt isnt a true cat. 0 3pt. now that i look at it, the disks look like 2 sears ones welded together

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hugh,
The moldboard is a Sears but it has been extended to 19 1/4 inches to fit a true Cat. 0 and the middle buster is made from the main frame of a sears moldboard and is also 19 1/4 inches wide. Don't know what the discs themselves came off of, but the framework is all 1/4 inch and the axle shafts all have grease fittings. Don't care what is was made from, it works real good. I sold the moldboard today for $150 which leaves me with $41.67 each for the other three.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts