My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going home for 4 days starting tomorrow for Thanksgiving and one of the first things I need to do when I arrive is figure out why my 2320 won't start and run. She has been sitting all alone in the back field where my wife left her when the engine just up and quit. If I need to tow the 2320 back to the barn to work on her in the dry, is there anything I need to do to the tractor before I hook the chain to the front bumper and pull? Seems to me that there was a lever that had to be pushed, or pulled to disconnect the transmission, but I not really sure of that.

Thanks in advance
Pete

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I know your glad to finally be able to get back to your baby! And say hi to the wife also :biglaugh:

To move it just make sure its in 2wd and put the range selector in neutral, the steering is probably going to be a pain do to fighting the hydraulics.

Good luck with the diag. and repairs.

Brad

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!
Don't know if I will make it home or not! First flight at 8:20 this morning was canceled, and now my replacement flight is overbooked and they are looking for "several" people to be bumped. Looks like I won't be working on my baby today. It will be "dark thirty" before I get home. Anyone got a drink?:drunkie:

At least Kansas City Airport has free wi-fi and a good signal. No electrical outlets though. :dunno: only a couple hours of battery life left.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Hope you make it out to Home! KCI can get mighty lonely after dark.:trink40:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Pete,

Whilst you wait for a flight I'm thinking if we get more information we may be able to assist troubleshooting. Questions to ask the wife:

When the engine just up and quit, did it stop abruptly or sputter, cough and die?

When she tries to start it does the engine turn over or not? If not does she hear a clicking or nothing at all?

Do the lights come on?

Was the PTO engaged when it died? Is the PTO now disengaged, drive in Neutral, foot on brake and butt in seat when she tries to start it? Sorry but had to ask. :p

Has she checked the seat kill switch? Have her take a look under the seat to see if all looks ok. No loose wire.

Is it cold where you are? Might need to plug in the block heater before it will start.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hi Pete,

Whilst you wait for a flight I'm thinking if we get more information we may be able to assist troubleshooting. Questions to ask the wife:

When the engine just up and quit, did it stop abruptly or sputter, cough and die?

When she tries to start it does the engine turn over or not? If not does she hear a clicking or nothing at all?

Do the lights come on?

Was the PTO engaged when it died? Is the PTO now disengaged, drive in Neutral, foot on brake and butt in seat when she tries to start it? Sorry but had to ask. :p

Has she checked the seat kill switch? Have her take a look under the seat to see if all looks ok. No loose wire.

Is it cold where you are? Might need to plug in the block heater before it will start.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=213339

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made it home, but I have to tell you flying on the day before Thanksgiving sure isn't for the faint of heart! What a trip.

My other thread has details of everything I've tried. I really think it is the fuel filter. Thanks for all of the good ideas here on towing and even fixing the tractor. I'm going to tow her up out of the back field this afternoon when my Son In Law arrives. You know "work before food" kind of deal

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I made it home, but I have to tell you flying on the day before Thanksgiving sure isn't for the faint of heart! What a trip.

My other thread has details of everything I've tried. I really think it is the fuel filter. Thanks for all of the good ideas here on towing and even fixing the tractor. I'm going to tow her up out of the back field this afternoon when my Son In Law arrives. You know "work before food" kind of deal
Glad to hear you got home and good luck with the tractor. Have you ever seen the movie Trains, Planes & Automobiles? One of my favorite movies. slkpk

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Good luck, hopefully it is a simple fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts