My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folk’s

I’m in need for something to carry my stuff around whit the tractor, the first solution I had in mine was a cart but I’m very limited in storage place
and the bucket holder from John Deere can not work for my tractor because of the cab.

The rear hitch mount I done recently for the new rear blade is equipped whit a 1 ¼” receiver, so I find this at sears for not to much money.

What do thing of the idea?

Tow Ready Cargo Carrier - 65855.jpg

Tow Ready Hitch Cargo Carrier - 65855.jpg

(Click on the pic to enlarge)

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I had a similiar situation, no place to put anything except in a trailer, on my LT2000. Sears had a 'carrier' that would fold up when not in use, up against the back of the tractor. It attached to 2 existing bolts under the seat and is completely removeable, and can carry 200 pounds supposedly. Found it on the local Craigslist for $20, next to new condition.
Sears has this item back in their lineup. Mine is the older version. Sure made the yard cleanup enjoyable this weekend, with no big trailer following you around. And storage is a snap.
The one pictured looks alot like the one I saw at our recycle center today. It seemed to support 2 full trash barrels, full with heavy grass clippings. Bungy cord the barrels and tops on, though. It also could fold up out of the way, up against the car.
Lucky, with the square hitch receiver.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you can run a square-tube receiver (bolt on, or sleeve-mounted pin-on), here's a nice one in 4 or 5 feet width; and for only about $10 more; with fold up feature. Being sold
to the truck market; but should work with garden tractors (may need front end counter-weights: $89 for 4 ft width fold-away; $99 for 5." Substantially under priced compared to Northern; and better mesh floor than Harbor Freight.
`
All these manf have right idea; keep the design revisions coming; make us some with 3 point hitch pins also....
`
http://www.discountramps.com/folding-basket.htm

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi folk’s

I’m in need for something to carry my stuff around whit the tractor, the first solution I had in mine was a cart but I’m very limited in storage place
and the bucket holder from John Deere can not work for my tractor because of the cab.

The rear hitch mount I done recently for the new rear blade is equipped whit a 1 ¼” receiver, so I find this at sears for not to much money.

What do thing of the idea?

View attachment 118594

View attachment 118595

(Click on the pic to enlarge)

That is pretty slick and the optional side rails make it more useful. If you don't like it you can always sell it...

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I like them side rails, too.

I thougt the 'new' carrier at Sears had a wire mesh bottom, not a plate. Wire mesh would allow crap to fall thru and would be easier to keep clean. The plate bottom scratches quickly, but you can see that it is being used by the number of scratrches..

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll probably make some kind of rails, the one that you could buy for it look a bit flimsy.;)

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
And as we all know there stladrill you'll fabricate a nice set of rails.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Dang you do have the luck stladrill.
And if you hinge the rails down instead of up you'll be golden. It'll fold up no problem.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here they are. :)

You can adjust the distance of the cargo and rotate 180 degres too.

:fing32:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts