My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I have a Brinley 40" and:

It works fine in clay topsoil when the moisture content is right. Otherwise you get either no penetration (dry) or plugs sticking to tires (wet).

Does not have pneumatic wheels Agrifab does.

Operating handle is in an awkward place necessitating alighting from seat to rush back and raise/lower unit. (Gets mighty old mighty quick in tight areas with walks, etc.)

I operate with four suitcase weights totalling 160lbs. no problem. (Block whatever weight you use into the tray with wood to eliminate paint scuffing from movement.)

Looking at the construction of both Agri and Brin I would go for the Agri instead. You get pneumatic tires (shed dirt better) and a better placed (center) transport handle.

Well, live and learn... Silly me! :D

:Tractor2:

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
So, if I have read this rapidly deteriorating, obssesively wussy, GardenWeb-esque thread correctly, then I have been using my core aerator all wrong? I had been using all 20Kawi Hp at WOT and the go pedal all the way down allowing centrifugal force to eject the plugs and spread them evenly along the lawn at approximately 9 mph. Perhaps this explains why I had to add that piece of plywood up behind the seat...

Oh pshaw...! :D

:Tractor2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.