My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
CD,

This may not be of much help but The Ag fab (at least my neighbors) was in my opinion not built very well , I welded the hitch and several cracks at least on two occasions until he disposed of it! He did treat it fairly rough though!!

I would look at the brindley also , It might be stronger! I dont know.

If you haven't seen this thread it may help!

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=28050#post28050

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
I believe greg was counting bricks not blocks, the problem I see with it is 2 16" blocks are max in height and capacity! You could fill them but then again they ( areator's) are most definately for light duty!

perhaps a rental unit might be worth looking at for occasional use!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
I don't believe a rental group will rent a small areator for the above reasons I talked about but they probably have a tractor pulled drum affair like in the other thread mainly for ball fields and etc. in your area!

I also agree with 6C

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
CatDaddy said:
It loosens the soil & allows air in. That allows the roots to grow & spread better which results in a "looser" soil & healthier grass. Also if you aerate before you fertilize more goes into the soil instead of running off from the compacted soil.

Leastways, that's the way I understand it. :D

-=A=-
CD you understand it correctly and certainly pays off in a much more viable turf which also is able to fight off the many diseases that haunt our lawns!!

As an after thought, compacting of soil either by following the same mowing patterns time and time again! Or not doing your best to eliminate PSI on any given part!! TAKE Note Slam!!:bonk:" I have everything but grass growing in there! " :trink39:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Leave the plugs, it's kind of like double digging your garden , the soil rotation and the nutrient redistribution is very helpful!!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Slammer said:
BWAHAHAHA!!! The dag gone tractor weighs 881, I weigh 260, plus 40 pounds of fuel...1181 pounds of pure lawn compacting madness!:D:D:D

Slam
You like Kubota, I like Kubota, If and when I or your dealer gets you a manual READ THE **** THING!!! **** even Craftsman 2 page foldout manuals tell you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
911radioman said:
Doggone Dean, my Craftsman manual is 55 pages. When's the last time you picked one of those up?
Copy the page that is revelent to the subject on compaction and post it for all doubting Thomas's to see !! This is not a crusade for me but I really see no lasting benifit in flailing around in the face of well known Agriculture Husbandry!! But hey if you got a GIG I suppose you must stick with it!!:hatsoff:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
CatDaddy said:
Thanks guys, this is great! :fing32:

Greg, 6c, HH, & Bill for AgriFab and Chief for Brinly (so far). Most everybody likes what they own. So it seems like I'm gonna buy at my local big-box store. ROF

I'll just add weight until I get to a minimum 2" plug.

We've been getting a good mid-day rain for the last 3-4 days, good ground-soaking rains. The forecast is more of the same, so I guess the ground ought to be nice n moist. :D

-=A=-
No doubt for your purposes and soil conditions at this point your plan is a good one , it even more than adding nutriments year after year is the single best thing that you can do for your turf!!

This is a study among many in recent years that gives credence to the compaction problem although this one is more ag related the overall principals are very valid!!

http://muextension.missouri.edu/explore/agguides/agengin/g01630.htm

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
WB,
I have now just read the most convoluted statement ever to be used in the face of Science!! Congratulations!!:fing20: I hope to debate another subject with you in the near future!!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Wild Bill 83 said:
I'm just pointing out facts, and being respectful.......don't make this personal and make any denigrating statements towards me please. Thank you!
You mean like these! # 87 and #100 and others of the following link!!
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=3871&page=6&pp=15

Don't worry I don't believe in making things personal, it's never necessary and facts are there for all to see!!

While you had a great deal of fun at my expense and I giggled a bit too!
I will tell you that I do enjoy a spirited debate and I will give you your due!! But please understand the rules of the game when you lose you lose and when you win you win , in this debate you lost!!!

I respect your tenacity and forthrightness but let's meet half way from now on with an equal amount of the same!! OK?:trink39:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Wild Bill 83 said:
ROF

You are mistaken Dean...you have not won this debate...posting a link to AG sites about compaction didn't 'prove' anything.

Post a link to compaction in direct relation to it's effects caused by a LT/GT with agricultural tread pattern style tires vs. turf tread pattern style tires...and THEN, depending upon the results of that study will you be eligible to claim a 'victory' in your AG tire debate. :fing32:

BTW.....didn't you like it when I tried to act like a 'goody goody' when you attempted to bust my chops?

Well, I didn't like it.. :eck16: ..because that's not me! I did it because you did so in another thread when it seemed you felt like you were ganged up on....

One of the rules of the game as I know it is this:"If you are in the middle of the scrap, and get drilled, you can't cry for a time out, and then act like 'he started it'...and or...point fingers and claim innocence. You must take your lumps, or don't get in the scrap to start with"

Thanks for noticing my 'tenacity and forthrightness'. Those traits have been both a blessing and a curse....depending on the scrap...lol

I'm not quite as hard headed as you, but I don't quit or give up very easily.

And to keep things stired up a bit....how come you took this thread away from it's original purpose to bring up the 'compaction by tire' deal again? This thread was intended to provide information to CatDaddy in regards to this question "I need to get an aerator to perk up my lawn(s). I'll be pulling it with my Husqvarna 2148.

Lowes has the Agri-Fab 40" for $178 (in town ~10 min away)
Home Depot has the Brinley 40" for $168 (in Lafayette ~45 min away)

Does anyone have any experiences (good OR bad) with either of these? "

So lets try to keep this on topic..... ROF
Just so you know first hand you will be the first person I have ever placed on an ignore list (that means FYI I will never see anything that you post!!) Have a nice life!!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
HydroHarold said:
So, if I have read this rapidly deteriorating, obssesively wussy, GardenWeb-esque thread correctly, then I have been using my core aerator all wrong? I had been using all 20Kawi Hp at WOT and the go pedal all the way down allowing centrifugal force to eject the plugs and spread them evenly along the lawn at approximately 9 mph. Perhaps this explains why I had to add that piece of plywood up behind the seat...

Oh pshaw...! :D

:Tractor2:
How refreshing HH :hatsoff: , My apoligies to CD (thread starter) but it was a great parody of the preceeding debacle!!:fing32:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.