My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Angel
The agri-fab will be fine for what you're looking to do. I tow it behind either my bolens or craftsman and have 2 concrete blocks on top for weight. After 5 years the only signs of wear are at the ends of the tubes where the paint is worn off. The tubes themselves show no wear.
The secret in aerating is to wait until afeter a heavy soaking rain or to water your grass heavily the day before. You don't want mud but it needs to be soft.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
What I ususally do is aerate than seed and fertilize. It takes about a week depending on rain for all the plugs to break down but in the meantime all the holes get some seed and fertilizer to speed up the thickening process. Sometimes the results are better than others. I usually have nice thick grass in the spring but a hot, dry spell really hurts it. Sometimes I just don't have the time to water.
I was thinking that maybe I should use the mow-n-vac to remove the plugs. Maybe as the plugs dissolve they are just filling in the holes they came out of and therefore not really helping with the compaction problem. Do you guys just leave the plugs there or do you remove them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.