My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all

I must have the toughest LT 155 made. This tractor was bought new from a dealer and was never stored indoors and towed a 1000# roller. When I took this tractor off my neighbor’s hands for scrap in 2009, I gave it its first oil change. After a good scrubin, maintenance kit, coil, new blades, lots of grease, tires, belts, it started right up and drove fine. I have been bush hoggin a 2 acre field 38" at a time once a month since. No hydro troubles at all; the drive belt just slips a bit the belt when she doesn’t like what I am pullin (usually way too much according to this site). Small bushes with a long rope, oversized dump trailer she just don’t care.

I have been reading this forum to help me correct problems I have had with the LT 155 and Slkpk aint wrong.

So to quote Slkpk "and once your bitten with the little tractor thing there is no cure for it." And I am....

Any who, I am looking for a snow blade setup for the LT 155. I have seen chucho311's setup and I want one. My dealer says I have to find a used one somewhere. Bucks Bro in Indiana has most of the parts and is a 100 mile drive. I would like to have a JD setup but my question is...

Does anyone know of a current setup that will work, have a blade setup for sale, or does any one else make a blade that will fit correctly on a JD 155?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
171 Posts
I tried a snow blade on my 155 and was disappointed. Manual lift and angle adjust. Not enough power or traction.

Bought a used 316 that came with blade, snowblower and rototiller. Works fine with wheel weights and chains.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not lookin to plow big snow, I have a good blower for that. Just something to keep the 3-4" stuff clean, and the city plow stuff out off the end of the driveway. I have lots of patients and I let the tractor do the work, even if it is 1/4 blade at a time. I just thought it would be fun to get the old tractor out in the winter...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am not lookin to plow big snow, I have a good blower for that. Just something to keep the 3-4" stuff clean, and the city plow stuff out off the end of the driveway. I have lots of patients and I let the tractor do the work, even if it is 1/4 blade at a time. I just thought it would be fun to get the old tractor out in the winter...
My Dad has one just like yours. Use weights and chains and it will do the job all day and night.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your tractor must have some good genes. It sure is a workhorse!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I had an LT166 (very similar) and I worked the heck out of it for 12 years. When I sold it last year I bet it still had another 12 years in it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey y'all

I must have the toughest LT 155 made. This tractor was bought new from a dealer and was never stored indoors and towed a 1000# roller. When I took this tractor off my neighbor’s hands for scrap in 2009, I gave it its first oil change. After a good scrubin, maintenance kit, coil, new blades, lots of grease, tires, belts, it started right up and drove fine. I have been bush hoggin a 2 acre field 38" at a time once a month since. No hydro troubles at all; the drive belt just slips a bit the belt when she doesn’t like what I am pullin (usually way too much according to this site). Small bushes with a long rope, oversized dump trailer she just don’t care.

I have been reading this forum to help me correct problems I have had with the LT 155 and Slkpk aint wrong.

So to quote Slkpk "and once your bitten with the little tractor thing there is no cure for it." And I am....

Any who, I am looking for a snow blade setup for the LT 155. I have seen chucho311's setup and I want one. My dealer says I have to find a used one somewhere. Bucks Bro in Indiana has most of the parts and is a 100 mile drive. I would like to have a JD setup but my question is...

Does anyone know of a current setup that will work, have a blade setup for sale, or does any one else make a blade that will fit correctly on a JD 155?

Thanks
Chris

Whats up Chris and welcome!!!! I remember being in your position and I still have and use my set up. I can pretty much answer any questions you have regarding the LT155 Plow set up. I have learned a little bit about small engines and tractors with my machine. There is no other set up that will work except for the one reccomended for the LT's, I can assure you that!! The serial you need is the characters ending in 4291M. Remember, if you have some extra $$$, you can always get the 38" Snow Blower attachement (There are a few on ebay right now) http://www.ebay.com/itm/220900674019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Anyway, I got rid of my turf tires and chains, bought two ag tires from Fleet Farm (online was the cheapest around fleetfarm.com) and two deere LT155 rims (ebay) and had them installed at a local tire shop. I found that the chains are slightly better than the ag tires, but I have a concrete driveway so I am willing to make the small sacrafice. I am VERY happy with the ag set up and really do not see a big difference with the chains and the ag tires. Just a small one. I also had to fork over the $100 for the weight bracket at the deere implement and added two suitcase weights on the back. (deere implement had the suitcase weights cheaper than ebay). I could not find that bracket anywhere and I am sure I could have made one for less, but it definetely looks more legit and more of a "factory" set up.

Finding the parts can take some digging and time, and sometimes they come up on craigslist. My area never had anything come up and when they did, it was sold in a day!

I have plowed 9" of fresh snow without a problem. Any more than that would be a struggle, but I have learned to do so very easily with a little trick. If you get a lot of snow, since this is a very light tractor, On the first Push, push the snow past the driveway edge about 4'. Then do another pass and you can fill in the 4' area. This tractor does not pile snow up in high burms and push large amounts of snow, but you can push snow further into the yard and fill in the space behind with another pass. I usually do the driveway in sections. The Rubber horse mat I installed on the bottom does not tear up the grass at all for me. (Notice the leftover rubber horse mat below, I use it to park the tractor on it).

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

The link below is a great help for attachements. (See pages 7-11 for attachements and part numbers of various attachements!)

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/discus/messages/96042/lawntracold-96198.pdf

Anyway this is the current set up for this winter below. You can see the suitcase weights (well just barely if you click the picture to enlargen it) of the back bumper area.

Attachments

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
Hey y'all

Thanks
Chris
tic tic tic tic

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I have the toughest l100 ever made, I use it to mow 20 yards and pretty much beat the living sh*t out of it. The Leaves were so thick and wet this weekend I stalled it about 20 times while mowing at top speed on a crazy, bumpy, and hilly yard. Probably the most abuse it has taken in a while. I think I shifted a couple of times with out using the clutch a couple of times on accident.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've heard alot of mixed results about the LT155/LT166. I had an LT166 for 12 years and took very good care of it and had no problems with it. I would still have it but I upgraded so I could buy a machine that could handle the John Deere Tractor Shovel. I sold it last spring to another guy in town. His son could tear up an anvil. He has pretty much tore the heck out of it but they just throw parts at it and it just keeps going. He said it was the first vehicle/machine his son has operated that they haven't had to park in less than a year. He is sold on the integrity of the John Deere machines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts