My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on the car as much as I can, I have gotten more done in the last six months then I did in at least 15 years. My day job kept messing me up.
The body is back on, brake lines and gas lines run, all glass is ordered(tinted glass), all new door glass tracks and anti rattler's are here. all new door handles and interior cranks, trunk hinges,wiper blade's and arms with new chrome bases.power steering and power brakes in place.
A lot is done, but a ton is still to do.
I can't believe the expense of primer and paint these days, over one thousand dollar's for primer "so far!" I got a quart of paint for edging today. My shop cost#%@! $161.00
any way, here are some pics to date.
One more thing, I put my old face in a picture,to show how low it is so far(with the chop top) A 50 f0rd normally is same height as me. Im 5ft/7in.(didnt know they stacked it that deep did ya) any way, gives a idea of how it sets with out all the normal weight added.

Attachments

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Re: touching bass on 50 Ford project

Thats going to be a sweet car when it's finished. Is that late model small block stock or did ya work it a little?

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thats going to be a sweet car when it's finished. Is that late model small block stock or did ya work it a little?
s10lowrider1994,thanks for the comment, the engine, 5.0/HO, from a mustang donor (wrecked car). factory stock with automatic. Im just wanting a everyday driver, this actually is completion of my teenage dream. I have had several hot rods, but I knew that some day I would build a shoebox or a 49 Merc.
Probably my last car build, then back to tractors,:thThumbsU,tractors dont cost as much as cars.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

That is going to be an absolute beauty when you get it done!

Great pics and thanks for the update.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks DJ, :sidelaugh I just noticed , the title , "touching bass" wow , give me another drink tar bender!

·
Registered
676 Posts

Touching bass sounds kind of fishy.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts

Looks great drbailey about time for an update :fing32:

·
Registered
484 Posts

Wow that is going to be a beautiful sled.I love those cars.I built a 1:25 model similar to yours a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

thanks windowgoblin, I had a 49 merc when I was young,I loved it. I wish I had a grill now like the one in your car. Might be a DeSoto grill. I priced a "plastic,replica" corvette grill at a swap-meet. $375.00. Think I will do a single bar grill with what I have now.:thanku:

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Great new's! I got after it last week,the news? ALL the body work is done. only the body though. Next week I will start back on the front cap.
The windshield is fitted, as well as the side gtr. glasses.
The door garnish mld's are cut down 4.5 inches and ready. The S-10 steering column is in and ready. the doors are body worked and fitted.
I didnt like the center hanger's on the cruiser skirts, they were impossible to get my hand and arm between it and the wheel to remove(in case of a flat tire)
so I made my own hangers , attached them to the fiberglass skirts with "fuse- er" Two on each side, at the rear and front of each tire. It makes the skirt more secure also.
This week I should receive the A/C kit from SourthernRod.com , it a AtoZ kit, I have installed them before.pretty easy.
Also the electric door glass kit. About a dozen other items. LOL, just like Christmas!:thThumbsU
I was hoping to get the paint on and in the car next Spring, NOW , I think before Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts

Very nice. Sending you a pm with a question if you don't mind, so I don't get thread off track...

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Very nice. Sending you a pm with a question if you don't mind, so I don't get thread off track...
I don't mind questions and pics on my threads, I enjoy the chat and pics.
I would like to see the project your working on now.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

Wonderful progress Doc!

Thanks for the pics and update. :fing32:

·
Administrator
21,245 Posts

Once again, a very nice, thorough photo tour of your project. It'll be a real beauty when you get it done. Very nice work!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts

Thanks for the updates, Doc. It's going to be a real head turner when you get it done!

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need to show some pics of before shots. I stuck the dash back in for now, sizing up with the S-10 steering.
A pic of one of the inside garnish mld. a smaller opening for glass.
The front cap has been setting out-side,under trees for around 9 years. I have many hours in this piece. I will now completely strip and sand everything back off and start almost over.
more pics after Im prepared to start over on the front

Attachments

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A few pieces were delivered today by UPS, window tracks,electric window kit, full car wiring kit, hidden antenna and several small pieces. the A/C kit should be here tomorrow. I took the front sheet metal to the sand blaster yesterday,might get it back tomorrow also. Im letting the Ford rest a couple days while I get a little honey do work done.A little painting before the cold winds blow.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 205 Posts