My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for touch up paint on their Cubs? Does anyone have any spray paint or cans available?
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Use caution different years had different paint codes. My 2003 2166 was painted from the factory with Valspar powder paint and Valspar use to offer the replacement colors in a rattle cans. The last time I painted the deck was from a lightly thinned qt can and rattle can of Majic Cub Cadet yellow from TSC; it was really close but not spot on like the Valspar. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I used Majic from TSC on my 2001 3240. I actually blended it on the fender and it came out great. Sanded a large area and let it overspray then let it dry for a week. Wet sanded with 1500 grit followed by buffing. Came out pretty good. Before and after.
0223191447.jpg
0319192000.jpg

Reactions: Mudyapster

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
What is everyone using for touch up paint on their Cubs? Does anyone have any spray paint or cans available?
Thanks,
Don
Hey Don I was at Tractor Supply the other day and they had rattle cans of Cub Cadet paint. I don't know what state your in but you can order it online from them. www.tractorsupply.com

·
4,820 Posts
Rustoleum's canvas white is a pretty good match on the older Cubs...not sure if the newer ones are the same shade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts