My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tilt dump collection unit on my 430. Last year it worked great. I used it for about 2 hours this past weekend and then the top right mounting bracket (retainer AM100147) broke. I welded it back together (didn't want to spend the $110 dollars yet for a new one) I put it back together and now it's making a weird noise. Keep in mind, the bracket that I fixed is unrelated to the noise, although the bracket breaking evidently caused the noise. Only the electric clutch and bracket that bolts to the rear end is attached. When I start the tractor, there is a noise that sounds like metal rubbing on something (not real loud) but DEFINITELY noticeable, and then every now and again there is a loud noise that I can only describe as a "grinding" noise, although it's not necessarily grinding. When I take both those pieces off, the noise goes away. I adjusted the electric clutch (.018" gap) spun it and it was quiet. Nothing appears to be bent, and everything spins very smooth. I am totally stumped!!! Do you guys and ANY other suggestions????

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Did something bend when the bracket broke?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts