My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's a beast! I've had her for a few days and I've been working her like a dog. I picked up a front scoop and have been using her to move and level fill around my yard. I've got 4hrs on her so far. Today I'm going to drive her a mile to my elderly neighbors house and do thier 2-3 acre yard.

I figure I should change the oil. The manual says change it after 25hrs, but shouldn't I change it sooner seeing how it's a new engine?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question just came to mind, it's very dusty here, should I grease anything on a regular basis?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my TS348XD Thursday. I was told to do the 1st oil & filter change at 5 hours. That’s what I plan to do. If it’s dusty, just double check the air filter to make sure it’s clean.

Dave...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
You know guys, it didn't happen without pictures!

:thisthreadisworthle

Oh, and to both of you:

:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
oldpaddy, how do you like the front scoop? I just picked up TS 348XD yesterday and been debating about the front scoop. Decided against it for now, got the box scraper and sleeve hitch & dump cart instead.

AC

sorry only picks i have is of the delivery

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oldpaddy, how do you like the front scoop? I just picked up TS 348XD yesterday and been debating about the front scoop. Decided against it for now, got the box scraper and sleeve hitch & dump cart instead.

AC

sorry only picks i have is of the delivery
I like it. It has its limitations, but it sure beats a wheelbarrow and shovel.
I've got a dozer blade coming too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I asked this question in it's own thread, but seeing how you are using the front scoop, I'll ask it here as well:

I'm about to place an order for a new GT ( Husqvarna TS 348D) and was wondering if their front scoop could be used to pick up 3/4 crushed rock and dump it over a 18-24 inch freestanding wall (about 6-9 inches wide)?

Also, how wide of a trailer will need to pick the "ready to go" tractor up form the dealer?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I asked this question in it's own thread, but seeing how you are using the front scoop, I'll ask it here as well:

I'm about to place an order for a new GT ( Husqvarna TS 348D) and was wondering if their front scoop could be used to pick up 3/4 crushed rock and dump it over a 18-24 inch freestanding wall (about 6-9 inches wide)?
I don't believe the tractor scoop will lift that high. I know my Johnny Bucket wont.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the scoop barely gets off the ground. There are adjustments that can be made, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I highly doubt the adjustments raise it enough for your needs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doing my first oil change!
And my dozer blade came in today. I'll put it together hopefully tomorrow.

Man, I love this tractor!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all, just wanted to say that after 20hrs+ and spreading tons of fill (with more the come!), I'm still LOVING this tractor!
Other than the pain of switching between the dozer blade and the front scoop, she's a dream. I've spread tons and tons of fill and have had no problems. I've even used the dozer blade to fix a few ruts on my dirt road after a couple of nasty thunder storms.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you have one of these tractor? How is it going with it?
Absolutely loving it!!!
I moved and spread tons upon tons of fill last year. This year I used the dozer blade to plow my driveway and I use a cart to transport cut up trees, rocks, etc around my yard. I've aerated the yawn and I've even towed my kids go kart using straps when needed. Oh and the boys love jumping in the cart and having me take them around my road. I've beaten the **** out of her and she takes it in stride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, it does. Or at least that's what they say is in it. I've never visually confirmed it. On the bad side, there's no gas guage. Which isn't a big deal for me. I am nervous about the frame. From what everyone says it's weak. Having said that, I've clipped trees, roots, large rocks and have had to tow it out if dirt/snow a couple of times, and as far as I can tell the frame hasn't been damaged. I've hit things so hard that I've almost been thrown off. So far so good. I have the kholer engine, but have had zero problems. Starts up everytime without a problem.
A year in and I'm as happy as the day I got it.
Most importantly, the cup holder fits a bottle of beer with a koozy perfectly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts