My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Z4200 home today. Installed the bagger and cut the lawn. This is my first ZTR and I love it! After a couple mowings I think I will be much more comfortable with the steering and reduce my mowing time. Couple items that I thought about purchasing were the hour meter and lawn stripe kit.

HOUR METER - how does this install? Is it complicated? Where does it mount? Any one have photos or know where they can be found of one mounted? Other than knowing when to perform service what function does it provide?

STRIPE KIT - I have made my own for my other mower using a piece of conveyor belt and it worked OK. I have looked all over for pictures of the Toro stripe kit, but found none. The dealer had one, but it was in the back boxed up so I could not see how it mounted, what it was made of, etc. If I could just see a picture of the Toro version I am sure that I can duplicate it close enough to get what I want. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help point me in the right direction on some of these questions!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been wondering when a zero turn question would pop up here. I'm not sure if we are welcome or not :) I just bought a Z5030 and not too sure if it's a keeper or not. It is MUCH faster (scary fast at first!) than my C175-8, but I like all the different things you can do with a tractor. I cut my 2 acres 3times and then started getting noise from the right side drive unit. The dealer picked it up and made an "adjustment" and now it seems OK, but this early repair may not be a good sign. Probably could have fixed it myself, but the reason I semi-retired the C175 is because I want to cut, not tinker. I've got 2 175s and an older Ford 110? plus a bunch of cars and a Harley, so not enough of me to go around already!
To answer your question; I can't help with the stripe kit and I haven't figured out how to get pix up, but I put an hour meter on the Z5030 last weekend. If the Z4250 is the same, and I think it is, tilt the seat forward and look down at the engine. there should be a crossmember in front of the motor and on the right side of it there will be 2 small holes about an inch and a half apart. That is where the meter bolts on. The factory kit is easy to install because it comes with the harness, bolts and bracket. I put mine on to keep track of service and proof of use if/when I decide to sell. Takes about half an hour, tops, to install; you will need a 5/16 socket and a philips screw driver. Tomorrow I will take and try to post a picture, but don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cougar. I have found the location that you described for the hour meter, but would like to see the pictures if you can get them up. If not, you can email them to [email protected].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts