My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Wheel Horse 416-8 I am thinking about selling. Not sure what it may be worth. It has the Onan engine, its not a hydro. Hate to sell it but it is a little overkill for my yard. Don't have any problems with it at all. Any guesses on value?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks to be in pretty nice shape. Depending on hours, any known mechanical issues, and cosmetic issues not seen in pic... I would say $800 if it has some issues, $1300 if it's low hours in great shape. True value is likely in the middle. I know that's a pretty big range, but there are a lot of variables.

·
16,235 Posts
10-4 to what the second poster said....they are a nice platform---if you keep it maintain and clean--that machine will outlast a lot of others.

I have had any W/H's over the years--still have several that I use as back up machines--and for dirt work/hauling. Got one 1975 model--still chugging along. I have been to a 1/2 dozen National Wheelhorse shows in Penn, if you had it there--you could most likely command top dollar...
However=---seeing your location down south--not very many around--so not so many people knowledgeable about them/parts harder to find, especially accessories for them--and that is what truly makes Wheelhorse unique--is the abundance of accessories--and the basic ease of attachment. Shame to sell that.

On the other hand--some folks hear that brand name and want to get TOP dollar for them, just for the name. Yes--they were expensive when new--but look at what you got. As to the later years of manufacture--into the 90's--MTD made these under a licensing agreement.

I wish you luck on whatever you decide with it--and maybe I gave you a little gleam of info about them. They are truly clubs of guys--usually up north (where they were mostly sold)--that adore and nurture these machines. Whole forums--just for the "Horse--

Take care--

glenn

·
Professional Homeowner
6,933 Posts
... to the later years of manufacture--into the 90's--MTD made these under a licensing agreement.

glenn
Was it MTD or Toro?

Even the newer ones were built like tanks though. Even the residential “cheap” models were pretty stout for what they were. The xi series looks cheap, but many are still 1,000 pounds plus.

·
Member #495
3,826 Posts
I sold my 1989 416-8 to my buddy for $1000 a year ago. I had it listed for $1200 in very good condition. I restored it, it worked great. Did many YouTube videos on it. It just worked and worked. The 8 speed and 1" axle is just a super tough setup. I can't tell you how many shrubs and bushes my son and I yanked out of the ground. Belts lasted a long time, just so easy and comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts