My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a mower for someone. It is a Toro rear-bagger, 21" push mower. She brought it to me because it leaks gas and wouldn't run. Well, I took the carb off and went through it to clean it up. What I discovered was that there is a small plastic elbow the appears to have been pressed onto a small knurled protruding inlet on the carb. The fuel line attaches to this plastic elbow. The plastic piece is cracked right where it is "pressed" onto that little snubby inlet piece of the carb.

I don't mind getting parts and fixing this, but can not figure anything out about the motor manufacturer, etc. I can find no identifying numbers anywhere and the model number information tag from the mower itself is gone...due to the gas leaking all over it.

The carb says "Lauson" on it and that's it. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to figure out what I have here? Thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lauson search here returned many 'hits' & some links. I vaguely remember some from my early teens. Lauson Power Products is the name I recall, the links generallly dealt with their being sold by Tecumseh, which is in a murky limbo state currently. Evidently, some of the old equipment restorer forums have members who know where to ferret out some of the older parts yet. Oh, they were produced in both 2 & 4 stroke formats, & the older ones supposedly had a tag for identification, rather than stamped blower housings as B&S.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That elbow is only pressed in and you should be able to find it at any good small engine repair/parts dealer. Lawson and Tecumseh are about the same Lawson was the original co before Tecumseh.
I usually dont stock that part,its kinda rare I need one,so I go to the local dealer for that part.
Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts