My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Man, that is strange. That makes it the 2nd time the family has sold out.
Yes that is odd...i bet Toro will not be as diverse or keep thr innovations Ventrac has. Did the company that bought Steiner go under?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
10,360 Posts
No, Steiner is still going. New models (at the dealership nearest me) are in stock right now. They sell both Steiner and Ventrac. I’ve always wondered why the attachments were kept cross-compatible?

·
Super Moderator
26,777 Posts
Always interesting to see what the new "Parent" company does to a product line. Hopefully, Toro will keep the "Swiss Army Knife" attachments philosophy that Ventrac had.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Always interesting to see what the new "Parent" company does to a product line. Hopefully, Toro will keep the "Swiss Army Knife" attachments philosophy that Ventrac had.
Really and they may even have more stocking dealers and possibly offer them at a lower price point, dunno. I had actually inquired on the smaller Ventrac B&S model several years ago while I was still working but found only 1 dealership here in MS and it was way north of us almost to the TN line. At that time iirc the msrp was like $12k and they were offering a really nice promo on the tractor with certain accessories; now they start @ $15k ouch.

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Steiner family didn't like the way Textron went with the Steiner so they started Ventrac Bet they'll hate the same thing with Toro and start a new articulating tractor Brand. Toro Can be a Brand Killer! Killed Wheel Horse & Lawn-Boy/ Gilson wonder if Ventracs Tilmor tractor will go with the sale of Ventrac The company that now owns Steiner is Schiller Grounds Care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts