My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FNH LS45 that I want to put a snow blade on. Are the snow blade attachments that fit onto the Toro 260 series compatible with the LS45? I just started looking for a blade attachment and need to know if there are alternatives to the blades sold for the LS45.

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes - they should be interchangable

the only difference between the 2 tractors is the color

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was hoping... By chance would you have any idea what one of those would run in used (or even new) condition? My back can't take another year of shoveling..

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I had a blade that I sold about 2.5 years ago for $200. It was in good shape. The frame for it goes all the way to the back of the tractor and is a lot better built blade than blades for MTD, Murray etc lighter duty riders. You might need the optional rear attachement hitch to install one. I ended up buying a snowblower attachment for my 266-H for $200 and it had only been used once. It still looks like it could sit on a showroom floor. No its not for sale.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You might need the optional rear attachement hitch to install one.

He will need the rear attachment for the blade. It mounts under the rear axle. I've only seen one blade (w/o the rear attachment) on eBay over the years I've been looking for stuff for my LS-55.

I have blade for the GT series that I mistakenly bought a few years back. Unfortunately, the mounting point for the lift doesn't work out. A little metal fabrication *might* work. It's just one of those things I never got around to because I got the snow blower now.

Try messicks.com and plug in your model "ls45". If it's like the LS55 parts diagram, it will have a list of available accessories and the blade is one of them. It will also give you an idea of what other items you will need in order to mount the blade correctly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He will need the rear attachment for the blade. It mounts under the rear axle.

Thanks for the info guys. I want to make sure I get all the necessary parts if I'm actually able to find one...

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
The blade that I sold 2.5 years ago I listed on ebay twice. I had it listed without the rear hitch. Someone emailed me on the listing saying I HAD to list the rear hitch with the blade. I replied, I HAD to keep it for other attachments. I ended up selling the blade locally via Craigslist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts