My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today finally finished pulling a ccka onan motor apart that I started on in 2018. Won't work for what I need as its 30 over and would still need over sized pistons yet to be 100% correct since the cylinders are pitted. Trying to get a good block to put the 450 crank in. Since it to needs machine work on one cylinder

DSC01371.JPG
DSC01375.JPG
DSC01376.JPG
DSC01377.JPG
DSC01378.JPG
DSC01380.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could do ^^^that^^^
Just cause I tore it apart in an hour means nothing lol. Its nice to have my press at the house again. What stopped me before was the crank timeing gear. Brought my press home from work last year. Removed pistons and connecting rods. Removed pto side bearing inclosure plate. Throw whole motor in press. Press crank down threw outa gear. Lineing crank up with hole that is just big enough for it. They make a tool to do it or get bolts that that thread into the gear. This was yesterday don't need the stinking tool lol.

Im temped to run it and see how bad in smokes or doesn't. But have another good running one sitting on the shelf yet. still have to swap cranks is the issue between a 400 and 800 are different

1 - 3 of 3 Posts